Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more steps... time to figure out the angles and pull the buckets out

next day or so I'll be using those measurements to put the projection lights in

now big, gaping grill hole

I know it seems soon to buy these, but I need to do whatever bracing - that means hole drilling, something I hate doing in new paint

cringe - I suspect these will be the Waterloo of the lights - because it is exposed to the elements

I like, a lot

I did try to get it off without damage, but alas, no

I didn't damage the door, though, and that's a win

put the doors back on to re-set the gaps

I got pretty close, a bit of tuning then the doors can come back off to finish stripping and do whatever the decision will be about widening this area

the gap is gone

I ran out of time, so it's not really fully on and lined up

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• door handles - ugh

whoa, pretty straight

and this is where I got stopped - there's a clip on the bottom that is not coming off - so rather then go with my next solution that involved a large, hole saw.... I stopped

shiny new parts - actuators

anyway, that's all for now

Comment

• abrcadabra it's off...... how, I have no flippin clue

shiney new part

experimenting with fitment

I had this metal from last time I built an adapter

too tall.... don't have 1/8" stainless

onto the next step of the process

I turned the bracket over to lower it - it's pretty close to where it needs to be

next up will be fabrication brackets.

Comment

• we will see if this works - I ordered a 2013 SS Camaro rear axle assembly with Brembo brakes... hero or chump time coming soon to a Plastic Fantastic near you.

Comment

• If the shoe fits??
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Just read the whole thread. Dang it SBG, now I want one. Sidepipes, flares, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by 53 studillac View Post
                just read the whole thread. Dang it sbg, now i want one. Sidepipes, flares, etc.
                vetillac?

Comment

• Don't threaten me with a good time!

Comment

• Old School XLR???
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by 53 Studillac View Post
                      Don't threaten me with a good time!
                      ya know, when I built the studillac truck, I used BBC headers and Caddy flanges.... just sayin'

Comment

Just read the whole thread. Dang it SBG, now I want one. Sidepipes, flares, etc.

if you really want one, PM me---i'll make you the bangshift buddy deal of the century.....
                        course you gotta add your own sidepipes, but...flares, check. big block? check!
                        turn key driver, CHECK !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ourvettenew3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1195963
                        Last edited by fatguyzinc; April 3, 2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• body work.... ugh

lights, whee

trick is going to be how to make this happen... pop up or solid mount with lifting light cover?

​​​​​​​

Comment

• FGZ,

Would the 2x4 intake come with it? I would not even want to know what the shipping would cost from HI. Thanks anyway, but I'm good on project cars right now. No PM expected! Reading about how much fun SBG is having has gotten me to thinking about them. My GF's dad has one just sitting there, been parked in a garage for a couple years because of a PS leak.
                            Last edited by 53 Studillac; April 4, 2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

FGZ,

Would the 2x4 intake come with it? I would not even want to know what the shipping would cost from HI. Thanks anyway, but I'm good on project cars right now. No PM expected! Reading about how much fun SBG is having has gotten me to thinking about them. My GF's dad has one just sitting there, been parked in a garage for a couple years because of a PS leak.

sorry, the intake is now slated to go on the 55 plymouth straight axle gasser....eventually...

shipping to west coast like oakland or san francisco is about $1300.

and if your girlfriends dad got one sitting there, what are you waiting for?!?!?!! GIT-R-DUN !!!!

Comment

• We have been repairing Jeep YJ ECM's lately.....replacing 3 dried out capacitors for a few bucks beats spending hundreds on a nos ecm that comes with dried out capacitors already installed.

Anyways, that involves digging the factory potting off the circuit board, leaving the new capacitors exposed. Some silicone sealant does the trick to keep them out of the elements.

Maybe your lights just need a date with a caulk gun?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WO9MWJ8.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	711.6 KB
ID:	1196053

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X