Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

if it was an early ( 1st or 2nd gen ) straight axle 12 bolt, id agree with you.
    however youve gone "hi tech redneck" in a HUGE way.....

since im most likely going to have to downsize by 75% or more shortly,
    including losing my 55 gasser project--i may later stuff the '67 chevelle
    12 bolt with the 3.73 posi in it and twin carb intake into the vette after
    all-- of course thats *IF* i can save any parts during this monster f@ck
    by the fickle fingers of fate.....

dude, we're both of sufficient size and moral bend that not only do we leave a huge crater when we hit, but we tend to bounce and squish what annoys.... or let's put it another way, there's no one left who's gloated to my face
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 25, 2018, 06:17 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• without the flares, but I don't hate the late model Z06 wheels - matter of fact I'm seriously considering it

Comment

• We run ZO6 wheels on the ZR2... Love 'em!

Just the front 17X9s on all 4 corners....
        ​​​​​​​
        Last edited by silver_bullet; April 29, 2018, 05:45 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

dude, we're both of sufficient size and moral bend that not only do we leave a huge crater when we hit, but we tend to bounce and squish what annoys.... or let's put it another way, there's no one left who's gloated to my face
          Someone once said in reference to me when talking to an individual about ready to cross the line with me...."Fella, I wouldn't poke that bear if I were you..."
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Someone once said in reference to me when talking to an individual about ready to cross the line with me...."Fella, I wouldn't poke that bear if I were you..."

heh heh, i worked as a doorman in various bars and strip clubs for 24 years,
            never arrested / retired undefeated--and there were fights almost every night.

many times my boss (or other regular patrons) would tell someone that
            was working themselves up to take a swing- "before you go there, think
            about this for a second--do you REALLY think we hired him for his good looks
            or his charming personality?!?!?!!"

unfortunately idiots+alcohol=instant @ssholes, so more often than not
            (with the nickleback song "the next contestant" running through my head)
            id end up taking a 'concrete yoga break' for a bit with whatever offending
            idiot du jour it happened to be....

good times.
            Last edited by fatguyzinc; April 29, 2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Good times indeed my friend! yeah those and the middle aged adolescent power drinkers ....
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Now I get why the person whose fenders were the mold for these said to put the wheel on before you finalized. This is terrible but I'm not sure getting a replacement would be any easier....

driver's side is actually pretty good (as are the front fenders)

this is the driver's side (and to be clear - the new differential is far closer to perfect then what GM did with the original)

other side

at least in this direction it's close enough

so this is the offset 4 1/2"

what's cool is I could fit a 16" wide wheel in the back. I'm still going with my plan of Z06 wheels. I've now seen it on another car without flares and they look pretty good.

What's really funny, those wheels were on Plastic Fantastic (the last C3 I built) and I utterly hated then and even tried to give them away. Glad they didn't go because now I know exactly what will fit and what 20s will look like on the back

Comment

• I'll bring this as a separate post because there's a question embedded in it

I'm not sure I know of a good way to fix this.... thinking about using the Dulcich method (cut, foam, mold) - I wonder if that car still is only half flared? suggestions on an easy way to get that curve.... tomorrow I verify the suspension isn't part of the issue (even if it is, it's still not round so can only be part of the problem)

Comment

• ggod lord those wheels are large by huge....
                    but methinks 20's on a C3 are like someones
                    grandma wearing hooker heels, just all kinds
                    of wrong....

just me though--your gran---errr, CAR. your car.....

Comment

ggod lord those wheels are large by huge....
                      of wrong....

my oh my grandma, what big brakes you have.... this isn't style, it's necessity.

Comment

• Gen5 Camaro wheels might look good...
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

thinking about using the Dulcich method (cut, foam, mold) - I wonder if that car still is only half flared?
                          According to a recent Roadkill Extra, it's only 1/4 flared - right rear iirc.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

ggod lord those wheels are large by huge....
                            of wrong....
                            my oh my grandma, what big brakes you have.... this isn't style, it's necessity.

Comment

pretty sure a 17" or 18" would clear the brakes...
                              and if they didnt id swap in smaller brakes JUST so
                              i wouldnt have to run the 'ghetto fabulous' 20's.

again, just me. dont care for 'o-ring tires'. try
                              hitting a square edge pothole at 50+mph...

Comment

pretty sure a 17" or 18" would clear the brakes...
                                and if they didnt id swap in smaller brakes JUST so
                                i wouldnt have to run the 'ghetto fabulous' 20's.

again, just me. dont care for 'o-ring tires'. try
                                hitting a square edge pothole at 50+mph...
                                17s - no, 18s maybe, 19s - yes.

I know this is a tough one for you, but I kind of enjoy stopping.

Comment

Working...
                                X