No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seriously isn't like the portal box question , are those wheels seriously have enough meat in them for all the G loads at a track event . Maybe I can find some specs on them . They DO look great .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• 6061 T-6 spin forged aluminum............I really don't know want that means but , I like it .
      But will it stay together . That's still my question. ( smiling on this end )
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        6061 T-6 spin forged aluminum............I really don't know want that means but , I like it .
        But will it stay together . That's still my question. ( smiling on this end )
        not sure why this is bothering you so much. All wheels that are approved for street use must be DOT approved, DOT requires a lot to approve... so what have you seen that makes you concerned?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I just know for some types of racing , the centers of some steel wheels the centers must be extra thick . If my memory is correct some tracks may require double thickness . The thinnest part of that spoke worries me . I'm convinced this thing is going to hook in the turns . I'd just like to keep you around here for a while
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• It's not like they're cheap Chinese wheels, or TSWs which break if you look at them funny, which I've personally seen.
            Hmm, is this thing going to get a roll bar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
              I just know for some types of racing , the centers of some steel wheels the centers must be extra thick . If my memory is correct some tracks may require double thickness . The thinnest part of that spoke worries me . I'm convinced this thing is going to hook in the turns . I'd just like to keep you around here for a while
              i was thinking along the same lines--especially as im pretty sure you
              might get purty darn close to the mythical 200mph mark, seriously....

the centers do look a little thin and wimpy. not trying to be an @ssh*le
              (although i usually succeed WILDLY at that despite not trying...) just
              wondering about what happens *IF* (and god forbid, but sh@t happens..)
              you spin out at, say, 170+mph--
              dont want that center to blow out. just in case, you know?

maybe double check the rating on the wheels before you pop the cash
              for em..............

Comment

• the fun re-starts on this after July 4th....

Comment

• Damn....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Gotta go wheelin!

Comment

• I'm starting back on this, slowly... but the first is I need my lathe to be working

now the explanation. I have that really pretty adapter that only requires a shorter driveshaft and cutting the main cross to fit the 1350 u-joint.
                      the alternative is using an aluminum puck to adapt the Spicer bit you see on the black driveshaft to the 3 bolt differential. Problem is it's still a 1350 joint for the over-the-counter adapters (not to mention $200)... so I'm going to use a outer adapter from the other suspension to make an adapter.... which requires some lathe work (and maybe mill work - which would mean going to see a friend about doing both on his lathe and mill)

However, I also have a lathe that 'just' needs to be wired

I think I'm going to rewire this completely and bring it into at least the later part of the 20th century

Comment

• and to think I am struggling to find the time to build the significant other a planter box....Don't know how you guys do it...but I am in awe...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          and to think I am struggling to find the time to build the significant other a planter box....Don't know how you guys do it...but I am in awe...
                          Sleep is over rated. On the other hand, I've eliminated the w*^k part of the equation (note that I don't type dirty words.....).

Dan

Comment

• I've eliminated the w*^k part of the equation (note that I don't type dirty words.....).

Dan[/QUOTE]
                            But if you make me think it than you might as well have said it ..
                            WORK !
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Is there a swear jar around here somewhere. I think Dan and I owe it a quarter
                              Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 11, 2018, 02:14 AM.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Me too...
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X