Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I suggest?: https://www.painlessperformance.com/...p?s=customrace
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I suspect you're right about the corrosion - I took a brief look at the fusebox last night and was not thrilled at what I saw.

I was having terrible voltage drop issues...my fuse block looked a lot like my 1/4 panels cleaned it up and it is better but...still not what it shoudl be..... and that video....you know that makes you a d*&k tease right?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• for those curious the difference in the upper arms
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

I was having terrible voltage drop issues...my fuse block looked a lot like my 1/4 panels cleaned it up and it is better but...still not what it shoudl be..... and that video....you know that makes you a d*&k tease right?
          a friend came by and wondered if we could get the car started - that was the result. It still doesn't have coolant in it and gauges only sort of work.... so sure, a quick spin of the pre-luber and a bit of fuel down the carb.... and now a list of what it takes to make it run for real. Fuel pump pickup, fuel pump wiring, cooling fans, coolant, fix the pump on the back of the double pumper, fix the gauge wiring....

Comment

a friend came by and wondered if we could get the car started - that was the result. It still doesn't have coolant in it and gauges only sort of work.... so sure, a quick spin of the pre-luber and a bit of fuel down the carb.... and now a list of what it takes to make it run for real. Fuel pump pickup, fuel pump wiring, cooling fans, coolant, fix the pump on the back of the double pumper, fix the gauge wiring....
            like eating an elephant....

you Jim, Randal and some others on here are the only things keeping motivated to work on my junk...so...keep plugging away...I'll be rooting you on from the sidelines.....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• a bit more of the elephant.... got the u-joint so I can get the driveshaft shortened

it's a 1330 (small diameter) to 1350 u-joint..... I know there will be disappointment, but I'm not shortening the shaft - I still have a few things to do on the lathe (like figure out why the tailstock doesn't adjust) I also don't have a steady rest, add need to balance and there it is....
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 3, 2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post

like eating an elephant....

you Jim, Randal and some others on here are the only things keeping motivated to work on my junk...so...keep plugging away...I'll be rooting you on from the sidelines.....
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Story time..... 3" would have been better but 2 will do

anyone considering this particular swap, get the flat plate, not the full billet bit. feeding it through the hole was a bit of a challenge

onto the e-brakes

take the old mounts

attach them to the front of the frame - crossing the ebrake cables to take up some length

close

take a die grinder and carbide bit and open the holes up so the cables slip through

simply attach the cable through with a 2" spacer. Eventually, I'm going to do better, (and add that bit in pictures) but for now it works

it's funny, those 20" wheels I hate so much are coming back - 18s will NOT go over these brakes. I could probably get away with 19s but since the plan is a nearly 16" wide rear wheel, larger rims will be fine

cleaned up and in place

next is run brake lines.

before anyone gets on me about how it looks. I'm putting this together, putting black stripes on my driveway and road, then pulling the frame out and making it all pretty... but unlike the land cruiser, I'm going to actually put 100 or so miles on the whole suspension before I blow it back apart.

Comment

• 20s clear.... probably could go 19s

Comment

• For those curious - the bolt into the axle flange is a M12 x 1.5 bolt. If you go to you local bolt dealer, they will look at you like you've grown a 3rd head (and it's a stupid as the other 2). You can buy them, but be warned, you will get a bunch of BMW wheel bolts in your search.... why, GM, why? you think you're better then 1.25 and 1.75 pitch?

Comment

• Just had this pop up on CL: https://quadcities.craigslist.org/pt...679220509.html
                        Didn't know if you got yours finished to your liking....
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Camaro uses a ZF diff doesn't it?
                          Belmetric should carry your required metric bolts.
                          Lucky for me I just pop down to my local auto parts or hardware store. Or rummage through my stash.

Comment

• Amazon.com has become my go-to place to find odds stuff, we used to have 2 companies that carried everything - they don't anymore but Amazon has taken the slack.

Comment

... we used to have 2 companies that carried everything ...
                              Would one of those have been Eagle Hardware?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                                Would one of those have been Eagle Hardware?
                                Nope,

Tacoma Screw
                                Fastenal

Comment

Working...
                                X