• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Nope,

Tacoma Screw
    Fastenal
    Tacoma Screw went out of business or just closed a local branch?

Comment

• they both reduced their bolt selection.... both still in business, just not as useful.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nope,

Tacoma Screws
        Fastenal Blows
        There Fixed it for ya... Finding a better selection at the Ace or True Value hardware stores....

Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Fastenal and Amazon have worked for me

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            There Fixed it for ya... Finding a better selection at the Ace or True Value hardware stores....
            McClendon's.... we don't have a local Ace or True Value.

Comment

we don't have a local Ace or True Value.
              That the gods I have an ace 3 miles down the road. They know me by name and I've only been in the house 2 years.

Thankfully they still have a great selection of hardware...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• I've gotten some stuff online from USBOLT kits - if you just look at the price of the kit, it seems expensive, but if you figure in the number of trips to the store that may or may not have what you're looking for (especially in stainless or G8) it makes having the stuff on hand worth it.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  I've gotten some stuff online from USBOLT kits - if you just look at the price of the kit, it seems expensive, but if you figure in the number of trips to the store that may or may not have what you're looking for (especially in stainless or G8) it makes having the stuff on hand worth it.
                  When stocking up my hardware bins - I often use Bolt Depot. When I NEED something today - then I can go to Ace. They just opened a new store in Palmetto which is decently stocked in grade 8 and stainless - not so much in grade 5 (which I don't fully understand). As Aaron has said - it seems MOST of the good hardware stores are changing their inventory strategies.

Comment

• so the next step will either be gold or goat. I'm going to put Camaro rotors and Camaro Brembo brakes (basically rely on the design of GM).... will it work? dunno

I know I can make it work and I know that I'll have to build adapter brackets.... but here's the deal - Detroit Speed suspension is 18,000-23,000 and I may have 2k in this suspension with the new coilovers..... that's front/rear price.... wish me luck

Comment

• Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Luck!
                        right now, on Ebay, you can buy the same rear suspension I paid $750 for (including brakes) for merely $3,000. I get profit taking, but seriously?

Comment

right now, on Ebay, you can buy the same rear suspension I paid $750 for (including brakes) for merely $3,000. I get profit taking, but seriously?
                          "I packaged it"
                          "I figured it out" nevermind it likely still needs "finishing"
                          "checking it out" again, nevermind it is likely wore out or wrecked...
                          it is the "my shit don't stink" factor too..

Comment

• 18000 to 23000 ..........US dollars for suspension and brakes ?
                            Platinum plated ?
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              18000 to 23000 ..........US dollars for suspension and brakes ?
                              Platinum plated ?
                              it changes everything, and it's won a bunch on the autocross.... so yes, you pay to play.
                              for what you get, it's really worth it - especially if you start penciling out what it takes to win in that arena...
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 19, 2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                                18000 to 23000 ..........US dollars for suspension and brakes ?
                                Platinum plated ?
                                Now basically double the price to get what the same setup costs here in Australia. There's apparently a couple of show cars getting built with DSE suspension here.

Comment

Working...
                                X