Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    ...the interesting bit in all of this is if I decide to LS, it should be pretty much a bolt-in deal ...
    A LESS?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

A LESS?
      IF is the key word. If I do LS, it will be for some reasonable HP like 1200 or so...
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• So now all I have to find is a power steering pump and brackets.... I'm pretty sure I have hoses left over from the fj40

time to build part of the frame

I need to find some tube tomorrow and some bolts....

Comment

• and yeah, I know it means I'm getting old.... power steering, power brakes, even EFI.... my 5 year ago self is shaking his head at me..... doomed, I tell ya. I'm doomed. Next I'll be talking about fuel economy and shopping for lawn chairs

Comment

and yeah, I know it means I'm getting old.... power steering, power brakes, even EFI.... my 5 year ago self is shaking his head at me..... doomed, I tell ya. I'm doomed. Next I'll be talking about fuel economy and shopping for lawn chairs
            and stuff like brakes, bellybutton motors,
            "ghettophabulous" giant sized wheels..........

Comment

• Our tastes all change with time.... I believe that you have thought this out and will succeed in making it work!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

and stuff like brakes, bellybutton motors,
                "ghettophabulous" giant sized wheels..........
                poor fgz, time moves forward but he lost his watch.

as for belly button motors - 427 with efi...

Comment

• You're not getting old - you're getting WISE - take it from a guy that's had rotator cuff surgery - steering big fat tires under the weight of a big block, you'll NEED power steering!

My peanut SBF over a manual rack and pinion set up with puny front tires is OK with manual - this set up, no way!

This thing is going to make miata's soil themselves when you pass them on open track days!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I tell ya. I'm doomed. Next I'll be talking about fuel economy and shopping for lawn chairs
                    Lawn chairs can be handy (as long as they aren't those hated back-killing bag chairs) .

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Lawn chairs can be handy (as long as they aren't those hated back-killing bag chairs) .
                      I have one of those snazzy reclining chairs for camping (which, strangely, I never get to use because it's always occupied by my lovely wife).... but no chairs, no power parking!

Comment

• Yeah , I'll never apologize for power steering . Anything that helps me whip the wheel , to avoid something coming at me that shouldn't be the better .Yep ……...same idea with the brakes .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

poor fgz, time moves forward but he lost his watch.

as for belly button motors - 427 with efi...
                          im all for the 427 BBC, i meant the LS....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                            Yeah , I'll never apologize for power steering . Anything that helps me whip the wheel , to avoid something coming at me that shouldn't be the better .Yep ……...same idea with the brakes .
                            I always took my power steering off my derby cars. Less oil for fires.. My kids both run power steering. Of course they have new pumps with remote oil reservoirs Plus newer stuff is waaaay better than old 80's and older stuff!

Comment

• more incremental progress
                              this

is now this

more trimming in the wheel well

and now make it hold itself up

the back bolt lines up with the front edge of the bracket I made

and is 9 9/16 from the bottom of the bolt head holding the cradle in place to the center of the rear-most bolt
                              front, I can't remember off the top of my head but it's roughly 9 and change above the bolt head of the front bracket.... in real numbers 1 1/2 above the 2x4 I built in the front, 1" below the top of the frame on the rear... (ish).
                              overall width from flat of the bracket to flat is 39 3/8

front... the upper arm needs to move back about 1" in this picture

Comment

• we got us a spammer
                                Last edited by Monster; October 26, 2018, 04:20 AM. Reason: Not no more !
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X