• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Steve !
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• *rant on*

I cannot stand people who say "why don't you just buy ....."

want me to see red - then say "QA1 makes a suspension for $3,500".... really? if you're mindblowingly stupid to think stock geometry is even in the same league as C5/C6 suspension then really there is no hope for you.

So let's recap - first tell me how much smarter you are then me by telling me I could buy stuff that is comparable then double down with something that clearly shows how little you know.

getting all whiny when I call you a tramp is a nice touch, though

*rant off*
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• One of the usual car-hobby annoyances, the Why-Don't/Didn't-You-Justers. If you want to deeply and personally offend one, hear 'em out 'til they either theorize themselves up a box canyon with their ideas of what you should do with your time and resources of which they apparently don't have any of their own to work with, or simply run out of steam, then respond "Why don't I just not". The cool thing about being an a-hole is you get left alone more.

Comment

• very few have ever accused me of being nice or patient.... it's a gift.

Comment

• Had a pit helper who loved to tell me what I "shoulda done" in the arena..
            Put him in a car. He only ran one event. "You're right Bob..I should shut up"
            Lol

Comment

• I've often heard of that approach... I personally find Aarons's projects to be very original and inspiring! looking forward to see how each one turns out!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                very few have ever accused me of being nice or patient.... it's a gift.
                I WILL! From fact! .

Altho I've seen the impatience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I WILL! From fact! .

Altho I've seen the impatience.
                  What did you hear?

So Bob, I've always meant to ask you this - do the voices in your head sign suggestions?
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 28, 2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

What did you hear?

So Bob, I've always meant to ask you this - do the voices in your head sign suggestions?
                    I see where the course is going... those who have limitations or disabilities often hone in on their other senses to more than adequately compensate for their loss... watch out for that slope.... it's quite slippery...
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I really don't mind the questions . Sometimes people ask questions to learn . I my case it's generally why put a 350 in a S10, why not just buy a syclone ?.To which I offer 1 the money and 2 they just don't sound right . Why did you buy a forth get instead of a fifth gen ? To this this I refer them back to the money . But when asked why not the prettier c3 the answer is the suspension in the 4 is far better, working air and this is not a project car...…...it's a pleasure car . Now I don't have the patience of Job so if all they want to do is ask me questions all day then yeah , that would get old .
                      Last edited by Dan Barlow; October 29, 2018, 08:47 AM.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Kinda like Mom's old answer to the question why? "Because I said so" or the adage " If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to do it..." Happy Spouses make Happy Houses "
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I'm hoping at SEMA I can find a wheel sponsor

back to frame mods

eyeballing

kind of sort of where it goes

I know I drive some nuts with how I do this.... here, let me be first to melt your snowflake, I don't care if you like my way or not

first is notch the frame - that white line needs to line up with the rear-most bolt on the a-arm

clean

weld nuts inside

weld to piece

I think the front is too low thus the notching you see next

lots of cutting that original notch later

other side - this is pretty close to where it needs to live.... note the angles and diverging bits. I think GM thought through all the points of a corner (and I'm going to check this) so that when the car goes right, the tire moves towards the rear tire (basically using the dirt-track method to help the car go left)... thus these aren't parallel with each other, but rather it does several things to help turn

anyway, the answer to that question won't happen until next week....

Comment

• Anti-dive, using brake torque on the spindle/upright to create a lifting force on the control arm to counter dive. Trade-off is reduced suspension effectiveness under braking, a factor on rough surfaces. Low cars don't need much.

Comment

• Wow! That's why I enjoy seeing your builds!
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                                Anti-dive, using brake torque on the spindle/upright to create a lifting force on the control arm to counter dive. Trade-off is reduced suspension effectiveness under braking, a factor on rough surfaces. Low cars don't need much.
                                it blew me away - I measured under a friend's C5, 5 3/4" is all that cradle is above the ground from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                                X