Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
    I'd tell him that if it Looks like a Mustang , body was built by Ford , then it's a MUSTANG ! Just because the GT500 that I was riding in ran 8 feet up a tree didn't make it a squirrel .
    yet it was full of nuts.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• as in...........dee's nuts????

Click image for larger version

Name:	deeznutz.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1222304

Comment

• bmw 750il wheels work

and yeah, Custom Image Flares got me again.... the opening isn't the same right to left; that said, it's not a huge thing to fix - but it does give flesh to the warning I got from the guy whose C3 was the template for the flares (don't finish the flares until you have the wheels)
        but the offset works

and it doesn't hit the wheel opening when turning

thankfully the right side is correct.... so it's just a matter of copying

back side looks good.... the 'real' wheels will be wider, but this, for now, works

''
        *sigh*
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 25, 2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• I should point out, that the wheel will be out about another 1/2" in the front - because of the rotor and the brake mounting bracket.... so it was going to get changed anyway

Comment

• where in the world do you get all these wheels ?
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Thanking the Lord that you didn't have the bodywork done or finished!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                where in the world do you get all these wheels ?
                $160 on Craigslist.

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                Thanking the Lord that you didn't have the bodywork done or finished!
                it is why I didn't - I do know that I'll be pretty chapped if, when this is done, CIC says anything about them being their flares....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  bmw 750il wheels work

so BMW's use the same 5x4.75" pattern? or is the C5 ( C6? i forget....) i different
                  pattern than the common gm 5x4.75? just wondering--i see tons of em on craigs,
                  that opens up a world of options for 'trasher' wheels and tires...thanks man!

Comment

• they use the same bolt pattern... ish.

GM is 5 on 120.35 mm, BMW is 5 on120

Comment

it is why I didn't - I do know that I'll be pretty chapped if, when this is done, CIC says anything about them being their flares....
                      I would be too... You could have fabricated your own with a couple less headaches....

Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

they use the same bolt pattern... ish.

GM is 5 on 120.35 mm, BMW is 5 on120
                        Just a word of caution - check the lug nut angles. Some manufacturers use different angles at the wheel/nut interface and the lugs can back off if they don't match. No clue what angle BMW uses but worth checking.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Just a word of caution - check the lug nut angles. Some manufacturers use different angles at the wheel/nut interface and the lugs can back off if they don't match. No clue what angle BMW uses but worth checking.

Dan
                          3 ugga duggas level it right out ;)

Comment

• and for the record, Amazon inhaled - they are NOT m12x1.50 (interestingly, the C5 ones are)..... when you have a Camaro, you have bigger nuts.

Comment

• leveled the nose and it is close enough that I'm not going to mess with it - Keep in mind that I'm painting this black (or a dark color) so edges really blend

progress pictures

I need to brace the rear assembly, before the body lift

then I need to lay the coil over over... so that's a notch

how, in all that's holy, does fiberglass look like it rusted?

ugh

thankfully I have sawzall blades.

Comment

• We add 3/4" bolts and remove body pucks..
                                Feel your pain.. We do not want to torch off unless have to..
                                Fiberglass..
                                Most likely wrench in the hole, socket/impact on bottom... Unless it strips or rust seize.
                                Probably best in long run to just saw them out..

Comment

Working...
                                X