No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours have you been swinging on that welder?
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Looking pretty stout! Hope to continue seeing your posts as I an truthfully interested in how this works out!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        this could easily be the last update here
        Please check your PM's and email.

Comment

• read and responded.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• im so bummed if this is the last update....

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• we carry on - but I'll reaffirm my utter hatred of trolls.... I do this for fun - if it's not fun, then I'm not going to make a hobby of it

Comment

we carry on
                  Very glad to hear it. I always look forward to your stuff. I wish I could contribute more regularly. Keep up the good work.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

... I'll reaffirm my utter hatred of trolls...
                    Everybody hates trolls, especially trolls. I could give you some psychological mumbo-jumbo about projection and whatnot, but really, just know they're full of self-hate and loathing. I'm sure a guy like you who gets more projects done in a year than most of us do in a lifetime really triggers them. Regardless of what you do with this, keep up the good work, I always look forward to seeing your problem solving skills in action.

Comment

• I'm glad I'm not the only one that just can't leave something alone when I'm in the area. You have me beat in both motivation and project creepitus disease (My wife says it's a mental disorder).

The the stiffeners in my WRX would lift a wheel or two off the ground just pulling into a parking lot, at least with AWD I didn't get stuck :-)
                      A.K.A. Brian
                      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Glad you are staying on.
                        The SBG projects are always first for me, nevermind I likely can't get in your vette or 40...

Comment

• today started with deciding I'm not using this (still).... it's an aftermarket, bolt-in cross member but I think the stock, welded cross member is stronger

So I did what was naturally the next step, I cut out more of the frame (so the purists will cry, I guess)
                          just for the record, this isn't a discussion - this is what I'm doing, like it, hate it.... don't care.

as I cut it apart, nothing popped out of shape - which is good, considering how pretzelled this frame is

and just like that, 40# lighter

now to figure out how to put the upper shock mount back... no... how much floor I'm willing to cut out to put the shock in the right place

isn't there anymore.

Comment

today's fun, motor mount
                            the problem, passenger side is low

CAD assisted design

now in metal

I need to do the front side now.

Then onto the passenger side. I started here because the mount was pretty floppy with all the metal removed, now it isn't so I can move back to leveling the motor in the chassis (once I'm finished with the driver's side)
                            How do you account for slopes in the concrete and differences in jack stands?
                            Last edited by Shep48COE; February 17, 2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• No gripe from me! Now if you'd just put in a BBB or something interesting!

Dan

Comment

• It's your party.... I'm digging the playlist!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X