Comment

• back to business
      dustless blasting (Sharkblast)

frame on stands

and blasting commences

dustless may be a bit misleading

naked frame, oh la laedited

naked arms

pretty slick set up.edited it took about 3 hours, 2 hours of actual blasting.edited $300 minimum and that's what he charged me.edited By comparison, the closest blaster to me is Arlington and at least an hour away.edited - I presume it'd take 2 hours there too, at $90/hr.edited So I paid an extra $120 to save myself 4 hours....edited

the dust wasn't bad, in all reality, but if you're doing this in an HOA - you'll have to wait for warm enough weather so that the media doesn't freeze, the sand or coal slag has some moisture in it, then it clumps - so he couldn't use water to suppress the dust....edited

and here's this - I'll use him again when I do the Buick wagon to blast the body; and likely the Spider as well, for sure the 50 Buick.edited The frames on those cars will all get (probably) get powder coated.edited To have the frame blasted and powder coated is $500.editededited

And for completeness, I'm using KBS coating on this frame.edited It's $90-100 for materials plus a $10 Harbor freight gunedited- so I do save a bit in money.... although I don't really save in time because the $500 place is 5 miles from me (so like an hour in Seattle traffic - I kid, sort of)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• thank you sir!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Thanks Aaron, you are a good guy. Little gruff, but ain't we all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Thanks Aaron, you are a good guy. Little gruff, but ain't we all?
            I'm loathe to let trolls ruin Bangshift.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm loathe to let trolls ruin Bangshift.
              Me too! Pithed me off when he jumped here!
              If you left, I'd have less to read.. Living thru you!

Comment

• I forgot if you're painting it or powder coating it. How soon can you get it primed? I know you know the sooner the better.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• When they use the water with the blast, there is an anti rust agent in the water. Also, when they are done they rinse it off with that water. As long as it stays dry after that you will be fine.

Comment

• They blasted Mary's 40 with a water/glass slurry.......epoxy primer the next day.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by Shep48COE View Post
                      When they use the water with the blast, there is an anti rust agent in the water. Also, when they are done they rinse it off with that water. As long as it stays dry after that you will be fine.
                      they can't use water when it's freezing.... thus dry shot, and bonus is I don't have to coat it until I'm ready to paint because I live where humidity is running about 30% right now.... I actually have to make it more humid before I shoot the KBS

Comment

• onward
                        nice and dry and time to find my missing weld spots

and make it a little easier to paint

hmmmm, I may have to put my old gun on my new welder

Comment

• Surprised you missed any? .
                          We always grab the welder with the body overhead doing missed spots as we lay it on.. We look. But still miss some spots.

Comment

• not at all, I knew I'd be turning it over again, so I left some spots for easier access

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

because it's never a simple question with you. You state as 'evidence' that some advertisement somewhere said something. wow, such research. it's the foundation of why I dislike you.

I don't respect you or even think you're worthy of an answer - you produce nothing, you've done nothing, and you continue to be nothing. Oh you talk a good game, but frankly I don't believe you're anything but a catfish. Since it appears Bangshift wants to be Pirate or Yellowbullet lite, it's theirs to do by allowing people like you to remain here.

and since when do I owe you anything you snivelling rat? what I post, when I post is none of your concern, even when I remove my posts.... it's none of your damn business.

so now you've got the ball - post something worthy or go the hell away. I owe you nothing.

That is your opinion. SIR.
                              but if I may.
                              Did you loose your lic. to practice law. as you have a bunch of free time.
                              You may THINK I produce nothing, but then again you don't know who I am or what I do. but you ASSUME. and we all know what happens when you assume.
                              but then again ,it not shocking a lawyer would have hate for those on the front lines.
                              good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                                good day.
                                Goodbye.

Comment

Working...
                                X