Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice repair!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Finish up the floor detour

a few notes.
      1) the floor is going to get the ceramic coating that the FJ40 got - it's 1/4" thick so those seams disappear as does the rust pits on the other side
      2) underneath it gets undercoating so the patch will fully disappear (like it did on the '40)
      3) FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP BLOCKING WINDOW CHANNELS WITH ADHESIVE WHEN YOU HAVE A LEAK... damn fools, GM designed the windshield system to allow the water to run under the molding then away from the car. The molding keeps water from being driven into the windshield frame. This car had a leak, and they plumb filled up the channels with window adhesive.... the leak is in the valley (below the window) .... just remember this, if I see you, Bubba, doing this I pray for your eternal soul to be damned to a hell where you do nothing but try to weld up pinholes, naked, and over your head. Prayer works, so you are now on notice there is an 11th commandment.

onto cleaning the body so I can complete the color change

and rebuild the rear floor... I think I'm simply going to raise it to clear.... there's little reason to give it huge luggage space and it's far easier to just bond it back 2" higher.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 18, 2019, 08:30 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• more.... I spent most of the day on honey-dos, so I had 2 hours tonight to get further....
        doors are off

I knew pulling the booster was a pain, double the pain for a true 4 speed car because there are more bits in the way

however, I won

ish.... I still have to put the other back in

ah well, having brakes that will suck the tailights through the gas tank will be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Finish up the floor detour

a few notes.
          1) the floor is going to get the ceramic coating that the FJ40 got - it's 1/4" thick so those seams disappear as does the rust pits on the other side
          2) underneath it gets undercoating so the patch will fully disappear (like it did on the '40)
          3) FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP BLOCKING WINDOW CHANNELS WITH ADHESIVE WHEN YOU HAVE A LEAK... damn fools, GM designed the windshield system to allow the water to run under the molding then away from the car. The molding keeps water from being driven into the windshield frame. This car had a leak, and they plumb filled up the channels with window adhesive.... the leak is in the valley (below the window) .... just remember this, if I see you, Bubba, doing this I pray for your eternal soul to be damned to a hell where you do nothing but try to weld up pinholes, naked, and over your head. Prayer works, so you are now on notice there is an 11th commandment.

onto cleaning the body so I can complete the color change

and rebuild the rear floor... I think I'm simply going to raise it to clear.... there's little reason to give it huge luggage space and it's far easier to just bond it back 2" higher.
          I thought you might have a plan for a kid when you talked of room with the new rear suspension to make it a 2+2
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Hydraboost

cut on the line

bright side is the plate fits, down side is the hole is too high

by an inch

unthread brake pivot

verify thread pitch

cut and thread

verify distance

I've had this Corvette style MC forever, it has the right internals, but the thread pitch is completely wrong for anything I've had before... more likely it will continue to be a test part... but it's nice to have one to check before I buy.

other end, using the right master cylinder

not the right one

Comment

• a break from Corvette brakes

a box

with bits

my table arrived!!!!

must assemble NOW

this thing is really well designed - and goes together pretty easily if you watch the videos
              2 hours of unpacking and assembly and here it is

Comment

• Great progress!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Were going to expect you to make alot ot but and pieces like urich fan now .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    Were going to expect you to make alot ot but and pieces like urich fan now .
                    you may wish to have a chat with your autocorrect, I think it's drunk

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Let me try that again .

We're going to expect you to make alot of bits and pieces, like Urchfab .
                        I'll take credit for it . My fingers were probably going to fast on my phones little screen . I will assure you I was sober aswell .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• okay Dan, we're not judging you or your phone

another bite of the elephant

Comment

• Looks a bit congested in there.......
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• A couple of the threads do not show pics unless I reply or go to another page then back.. (not back arrow)
                              Sometimes what I reply sounds stupd... Maybe most of the time.

This car oughta fly!

Comment

• I'll change the plugs on 1,2,3,4,6 & 8, you can do 5 & 7!
                                Last edited by 65RHDEER; April 26, 2019, 08:18 PM.
                                Tim
                                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X