No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so most of the day was spent on stuff like painting deck rails and mowing my dirt bike track.... however, things were accomplished
    soft lines for the efi

I really need to set this back on the frame and actually bolt it down... so some pads needed anti-rust protection

also opened up the steering shaft area

and a touch of black to keep the rust worm away

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Where is the picture of the mowed dirt bike track?
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
        Where is the picture of the mowed dirt bike track?
        My kid uses a Hustler Zero turn mower to do bike trails and electric fence clearing
        Goes forward anywhere, reverse, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
          Where is the picture of the mowed dirt bike track?
          through the forest, up the trail to the creek, across the road (big air), around the house, back down the backside, back into the woods.. nothing but net

Comment

• fuel line done

O2 for EFI placed (not welded)

Comment

• bad decisions come with carriers (and was a distraction, thus why it's here)

anyway,
              did this

Comment

• Nice weld.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• and then I had a few minutes to work on this

sleeved the inlet so the hose fits

and there we go

next up....

Comment

• so this is happening... maybe... I may have messed up the threads so made more work for myself

anyway, I pushed it off to the side for a moment because I'm not having luck finding a 2 into 1 brake line T. I need 1/4" line flared into 2 3/16" line fitting.... all I've found is either soft line (regular thread not pipe thread) into 2 3/16 flare fittings.... I could machine it, but in a last ditch effort, I figured I'd ask here.... part number and/or link would be cool ... thx.

Once the fitting is found, I can finish the brake lines and get the body back onto the chassis then push to the end.... but for now, I'm stumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      ..... 2 into 1 brake line T. I need 1/4" line flared into 2 3/16" line fitting....

im usually really good at this stuff--my googlefu is strong- but the closest ive seen
                      is a 3 way all 3/16 T...maybe that plus an adaptor on the 1/4 side?

Comment

• IIRC old pickups (we're talking early 50's type stuff) used a 1/4 T on the rears, so again, adapters needed.

Comment

• So far, the closest I've found is 1/4" on all 3 sides - which require reducers.

The issue with pickup Tees is they usually have a hose to one side - which is a different fitting... ask me how I know this....

Comment

• https://www.ebay.com/i/281711270295?chn=ps 3/16X1/4 adapter
                            https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...CABEgLf7vD_BwE 3/16 tee
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• the first one is on its way from Amazon, the second one is all 3/16.... I already have that.

Comment

• Kool...
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X