• Show
Clear All

• this will take more then a little planning

it needs to move forward an inch

more thinking.....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	kisspng-emoticon-emoji-vector-graphics-smiley-royalty-free-5be8c52b561866.1215039615419814833527.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1249424
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• this isn't hard to fix. strips of aluminum as backing strip glued to the fiberglass and move it forward then glass it back in.... and I have thought about sliding the body forward but let's not forget, I've already spent countless hours making those right....

so here's the mistake, I assumed the wheel opening was in the same place (as measured from the door frame) on the aftermarket flares as it was on the Corvette. It isn't, the rears are but the fronts are not - and if you look closely, you'll see the wheel opening is not round.... so I get to 'fix' it. And yes, they are aftermarket flares and if you look back, I'm sure I say who they are when I was less annoyed with them - but at this point, here's my recommendation.... don't buy them, there are far better options available for the same money.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 9, 2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Best laid plans of men and mice....

Our first Vic we were taking to Forks, WA was a 4 day "no sleep" build... Like 3 am, we got it moving. I ran out to hook up the trailer.. Had to meet the driver of the rig so we could sleep at 4 am... Kid comes up to me. Depressed. Car would not turn left!
          Instead we met the driver and went and watched..
          Few days later we took the arm off the steering box and ground a slot where "middle" was..
          Just too much in too little time..

Comment

• time to shim the body

the more I look at this, the more I think the shims are more of a problem then a solution. When I put the body back on the frame I put the stock shims back in place....

Comment

• How much can the shim pack vary before fiberglass cracks?
              First wheels up launch?

Comment

• the frame was never flex-proof from GM.... it relies on the floor pan

Comment

• last thing I did today was pick up some 2013 grand sport tires/wheels...

I need to get different pads (without the weights - or cut them off)

only my camera could make a 335/30 19 tire look narrow..

this is sitting on the ground so I could drop the car down an inch or so

Comment

• will it settle after rolling it around a bit?
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• it's missing its interior and doors. Not just that but the roll bar too... also, this is where I may have to buy softer springs.. springs control ride height, shocks control dampening... which also might mean the shocks are way over valved.... the shocks are C5, those weigh in the mid-3000s.... which is about the same as a stock C3, but this is lighter, but I don't know now much yet.... and the other thing, my last C3 was the perfect height - but that meant I had to use blocks to get it onto the lift because the frame was so low.... at this moment, being able to roll on and off is a good thing
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 24, 2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• These ears - are the problem. I think they're a GM demanded anti-squeal or anti-chatter device. All replacements I've seen do not have them on it

chop em off

and voila 18s fit

fat bottom vettes make the rocking world go round

and it clears.. no need to move the flares

Comment

• Very nice!
                          definition of corvette. n. 1. A fast, lightly armed warship, .
                          MY idea of a Fat Bottomed Girl Making the Rockin' World Go Round:
                          Top:Corvette
                          Bottom:Battleship Iowa

Click image for larger version  Name:	67977567_2553373491380138_1873849821282959360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkqjLeaEO40M65kUzzJlHXilkvstTijhfrnDvnECc9769rHyp1FibJK5SH5mflL-V8&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=9db85f7fa6ba8bf26c21c26a3ba57ed5&oe=5E08ED53.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1250278
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; August 25, 2019, 02:16 PM.
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• true, and a Stingray killed Steve Irwin... your point?

Comment

• Just that I was and will forever be a battleship iowa sailor!
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• shuffled cars, figured I'd snap a shot of it outside

my goal this weekend is do burnouts with it.... lots on the list, but it's doable....

Comment

Working...
                                X