Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 Chevrolet Laguna 2 door.... or a 69 Grand Prix....long, heavy SOBs
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      76 Chevrolet Laguna 2 door.... or a 69 Grand Prix....long, heavy SOBs
      you haven't lived until you've moved one of those doors... that said, I'd bet these doors weigh 100 lbs each.... whoever got it in their head that fiberglass is lighter then steel really does need their head examined.... and these doors are power doors
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Fiberglass is lighter than steel by volume... but, to make fiberglass work in a production vehicle, it can’t be race weight...ie single layer... that’s why it was so hard for the engineers to take all the weight off of the C4 vette...800 plus pounds IIRC...
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          Fiberglass is lighter than steel by volume... but, to make fiberglass work in a production vehicle, it can’t be race weight...ie single layer... that’s why it was so hard for the engineers to take all the weight off of the C4 vette...800 plus pounds IIRC...
          yep..... also this is the biggest issue I've seen with people building with aluminum - they build race weight and it vibrates like jello on a train.

Comment

• Street signs work good. Hard to form tho... Working in a scrap yard has perks. Big ones are thicker.

Comment

• Now you've got me wondering , and especially since SEMAjust happened. How is going to make the first aluminum or steel fabricated vette body ?
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

.... and these doors are power doors

maybe not for long....guess who has a set of manual guts for both sides...
                I got everything but the glass (reuse yours) and the actual winder crank handle
                (im sure someone makes repops) and they are yours free if you need em.

email, message, call, send pigeons, smoke signals, whatever if you want em.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

maybe not for long....guess who has a set of manual guts for both sides...
                  I got everything but the glass (reuse yours) and the actual winder crank handle
                  (im sure someone makes repops) and they are yours free if you need em.

email, message, call, send pigeons, smoke signals, whatever if you want em.
                  I have new, power innards but aftermarket - meaning about a 50% weight reduction... thanks though.

Comment

• FedUp got into the festive spirit by delivering this (on time, even)

the lower mounts for the Aldan American shocks

Comment

• Do the easy update first... power steering pump is here

Comment

• What happened? Holidays with the family? Winter S/R already?
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• tractor, family, Buick, sleep.... in that order

Comment

• Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• so I have basically 5 months to make this track-ready.... and we start today, slllloooowwwwwlllly
                                but it was a start

I need to put these in the front shocks
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 29, 2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X