No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a heater close by, but of course , not too close .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• the heater is the thing in the bottom of this photo

checked it this morning, it's solid
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I know some might question doing the outside first.... *shrug*

fixed

once I finish fiberglassing all the holes I made putting the suspension in and doing the fiberglass inner fenders then I'll be onto final fitment and hopefully paint soon after

Comment

• Back in my body shop days 36 years ago, doing dually fenders for farmers, I always did the outside first....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Makes sense to me. That way you can fit the inners to an outer that fits the car - otherwise you're shooting in the dark.

Dan

Comment

• I still don't have a solution for the sway bar - it is too close to the coil over (stock had a transverse spring)....

but I started reassembly of the under so that I can get the bracing done

Comment

• Another "I can't leave it like this"....

mind you, I could have sculpted that into perfect shape but it would always bug me there's a 1/2" of vette adhesive under the paint....
                so I'll epoxy some fiberglass into place.... and continue to say bad words about the supplier as this side was made 1" shorter then the other

I think, though, this is pandemic - this is how well the hood fits (different supplier) - I will say, though, I got a substantial discount because there's a flaw on the corner (not bad, but a flaw)...... but why can't this braced piece match the fender?

that's the other major fix then there's nothing left but the hand sanding

Comment

• Time for all those little jobs that need doing
                  lower ball joints

installed... well, one side then dinner

Paint PS pump brackets

I've done the paint without removing the sidepipes.... not again

the next few episodes will be more of the same.... finish inner wheel wells, create an inner boot floor, stuff I hate doing but now keeping me from finishing

Comment

• I worked on this, first the bad news.... wrong bracket for the PS pump... and worst of all my GAS ratio was so low that I didn't even start to figure it out - I applied one WFI and beat the lower ball joints in (which was satisfying)

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 28, 2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Geez. I feel like a wimp now for complaining about the poor fit of my fiberglass! Yours took way more work, and you're already way ahead on it! Nicely done!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                        Geez. I feel like a wimp now for complaining about the poor fit of my fiberglass! Yours took way more work, and you're already way ahead on it! Nicely done!
                        thanks. I make all the mistakes so you don't have to.... I'll tell you the truth, I can't wait to get back to metal work on my Buick....

Comment

• I came in this afternoon from working on the fiberglass and my wife asked me why my hair was all white? Looked in the mirror and realized I'd forgotten to blow that crap off! I spent 2 hours cleaning up fiberglass dust and the shop still looks like a disaster area!
                          Last edited by 1946Austin; January 29, 2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• I admit it, I don't want to do the fiberglassing on the hood, hood scoop and interior space (the interior space is the most hateful)... but I also need to clear some space so the work has been happening on the Buick motor... however, brief update
                            I thought the bracket would work.... it does

Comment

• this won't seem like much but I needed an access point to the top of the tank

the gear necessary

the hole

I also went and got wood so I can build the floor - that is next... soon

Comment

• time to build a roll cage

starting with CAD

and test fits

there, roll cage layout

Comment

Working...
                                X