• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cad design

and it begins
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Roll bar layout software online..... I'll test and tell later but here it is
      Bend It Online is a a free web application that is used to calculate and layout the bend marks when fabricating roll cages and roll bars for race cars. Bendit

Comment

• it works but it doesn't (the software).... the upper bar was 9" too long - but everything else was right.... I think it didn't add the distance that you gain in a radius.... dunno, but onward
        the first bar that was 9" too wide (welded it together so I could use it for test fitting)

seems to fit fine

new bar fits as the old one

The new bar in the rear most position

the more forward position

a drawing of where I'm going... I think... the bar above the floor will bolt through into the frame that is tied to the frame. It will also bolt to the seat-belt anchors

battery will go there (behind the passenger seat)

I'll listen to input - however keep in mind it simply has to work as a belt anchor and tie the frame together.

more pictures of where I think it's going to land - there will be a forward brace and cross braces

I really do need to cross brace the frame - that that is a fight for another day

bender in operation

this is for posterity.... 3 1/2" to the start of the bend from the clamp on my bender....

Comment

• still learning how to use this.... would be awesome for these brackets

roll bar plates

with some bends

in my old brake - there are advantages to using this over the other brake - the other is good for repetition but set up would be longer (and potential for screw up)

a couple more brackets... this ties to the seat belt anchors

Comment

• got distracted by life stuff today, but went a little forward
            tabs to bar

fit then tack the bottom plate

next up is the cross bars. I also bought the aluminum for the floor pan

Comment

• frame brace

and weld the seat belt hoop up.... it needs a bunch more tubes, but figured I'd weld when I had a minute

it also didn't come out easily, which is fine - the tab will need to be pushed back to the to top then bolted in place.... anyway, that's it for tonight

Comment

• my last grinders died... welcome to the next victims

then a bit more seat belt mount work

Comment

• Took you no time getting those eye and face saver guards . Mine look the same wsy .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                    Took you no time getting those eye and face saver guards . Mine look the same wsy .
                    Sunday, there was a new kid in the shop - so I demonstrated to her how to properly use those guards. First, remove. Second, walk to scrap trailer and toss in.... #safetythird, #teachemyoung

Comment

• ALFRED E. NEWMAN
                      WHAT ME WORRY ?
                      My most Benevolent Mentor !!!!!

Has your wife Pre-Registered you with the EMT's, and your local hospital?
                      Thought of building up your personal blood supply.........

Just Saying.....

Comment

• Captain, you are new, both in that household are into SAR... Got it covered!

Comment

• I've noticed most people in the US take them off, most people in Aus leave them on.
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                            ALFRED E. NEWMAN
                            WHAT ME WORRY ?
                            My most Benevolent Mentor !!!!!

Has your wife Pre-Registered you with the EMT's, and your local hospital?
                            Thought of building up your personal blood supply.........

Just Saying.....
                            Self-treatment is key. A good life insurance policy keeps the wife happy.

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                            I've noticed most people in the US take them off, most people in Aus leave them on.
                            usually because they're completely in the way.... then again, we don't get our cars impounded for minor violations (well, everywhere but New Jersey)

Comment

• So some cage work

Comment

• Looking Good!

Comment

Working...
                                X