Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SELF Treatment, eh?
    "It's Only, a Flesh Wound, a Mear Scratch !!"
    Honey, hand me a Zip Tie.....Just to slow the flow down.....
    LOL.....
    Sad too say Been There.....

Comment

• Blue paper shop towel and duct tape will cover a myriad of sins......
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        Blue paper shop towel and duct tape will cover a myriad of sins......
        Works for me! But I usually leave the guards on unless they get themselves in the way.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Works for me! But I usually leave the guards on unless they get themselves in the way.

Dan
          I wear gloves and a face mask... the guard is pointless
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I wear gloves and a face mask... the guard is pointless
            I don't throw the guards away, I use knotted wire wheels in my 4.5", and those suckers go right through just about anything when they decide to fly, the guard stops them though.
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
            1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
            2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Rollbar is coming along nicely! I usually put one in all my hotrods, but decided not in the coupe this build.
              As for grinders I can't get by with anything less than 3 of them. Well I could, but I like 3 so I can keep one for cutoff wheels, one for flapper disc, and one for paint stripper disc. I have a 4th that occasionally gets a wire wheel, but I rarely use the wire wheel.

Comment

• I'm going to hide a hoop in the 50 Buick, I just don't trust them enough if they ever go on their top (especially since I plan on chopping the top.... that said, I'm removing the B pillar so the reinforcement will be bars hidden within the A and C pillar. Corvette is going to get a similar treatment... it needs to work, not satisfy a rulebook. Porsche put the pogostick in the hairdresser 911 (convertible).... that's my blueprint.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

I don't throw the guards away, I use knotted wire wheels in my 4.5", and those suckers go right through just about anything when they decide to fly, the guard stops them though.
                  I'm a long ways beyond buying cheap abrasives.... for the very reason you point out. Not just that but quality abrasives (e.g. 3M) last 3x or more longer.... so any perceived savings really doesn't pencil out. As far as wire wheels - I don't wear leather when I weld, I do when I use those wire arrows.... even the 'expensive' ones

Comment

• I wear a leather "Upper" when welding, and long sleeve shirts while fab work. Hot slags, and even grinding off weld spatter will leave nasty Work Shop Chicken Pox marks..... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200108_115944.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	1265694

Comment

• I use the burn and cuss method of skin protection

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        I use the burn and cuss method of skin protection
                        I've grown sick of this method, I wear leather because it doesn't conduct electricity, my Diversion 180's HF start can give a hell of a jolt...
                        Last edited by ejs262; March 22, 2020, 11:00 AM. Reason: Spelling... I'm a big dumb...
                        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                        1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                        2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

I've grown sick of this method, I wear leather because it doesn't conduct electricity, my Diversion 180's HF start can give a hell of a jolt...
                          this very thread is about a car with sidepipes.... given my penchant for doing bad things, I figure I better get used to burning....

Comment

• since I have some enforced time off.... might as well make the best of it but working on this
                            First some radiator support brackets

weld in place then give it a good cool down because I'm done after this

then work a few minutes (again, cool down time) on the rear cage/support

then start on this tie-together... I think I'm going to have a problem and have to shorten the driveshaft... ugh oh well. If I leave it this length, I'm pretty sure it'll never come back out without pulling the motor....

the other benefit of this brace is I can build the belly pan and have a good attachment point

my big, hairy, audacious goal is paint the car at the end of these 2 weeks....

Comment

• Looks Pretty Good.
                              But then again........
                              Never Mistake Activity For Progress......

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                                Looks Pretty Good.
                                But then again........
                                Never Mistake Activity For Progress......
                                you forgot one.

Don't be a dick

Comment

Working...
                                X