No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when things are going well, these builds begin to nickel and dime us. At least you caught it before it made a mess of the build!

Comment

• pulling the motor to resurface the block is far more difficult then replacing a power steering pump.... sure, I'd love for it to go perfectly - but that ain't gonna happen so I'll bask in the win
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Have I ever mentioned I hate wiring... yeah. Hate.
        drill new hole in the bulkhead to run wires back

start fitting lights (and mount license plate)

I need to take them back off because I'm going to replace all the bulb holders (it's how the LED lights connect). I also need to change the wiring so all the lights work - the centered ones are for reverse lights... but no more,

then spent quality time laying out the wiring - roll bar is back out so I can finish the area and it's a lot easier to wire when it's out

Comment

• I don't like the black wheels... thinking a dark, flat bronze......

Comment

• mask the backside of the wheel so it stays matte black behind the spokes, go with your matte bronze, maybe clean all the paint off of the spoke face?
            Last edited by silver_bullet; July 2, 2020, 04:36 PM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• i vote for pink glitter over the black for the wheels.............

Comment

• so I had this thing called plans... started to execute them... DEI wrap for the power steering lines

then this happened... well, before this, fireworks happened.... I was planning on drilling some holes, starting to run the battery cut off...
                but no

how do you say no to that face?
                so quiet things... measuring the air cleaner hold-down length... yeah, big things

Comment

• That poor pup! Little Andy is the first guy we've had in some time who doesn't worry about kabooms. When ME and I got together she had an Aussie who would climb into the bath tub (a place she normally avoided at all costs) at the first crack of lightning, fireworks, etc. The Standard Poodles weren't that bad but would quake and hide if they could. Andy doesn't care as long as he has a lap - but he wants laps all the time anyway.

Dan

Comment

• He'd be in the Buick if it were available... I'm fairly certain that's what that look is

Comment

• back to where I was a week ago...

don't see a leak (the pump with the hose on it)

the only place it might have leaked is the bottom bolt... but even so....

got a relay box in so I can start wiring stuff

and new steering wheel arrive

I did put DEI wrap around the hoses

trust but verify

Friday night picture, looks pretty much the same

Comment

• success?

no

however, it was an easy fix.... so success
                        then came a lot of stuff like this... this was the alternator wiring

stripped it out of the harness, I'll repurpose the full-time power wire, though

installed the markers

and a battery cut-off switch

still have a ways to go... but one bite at a time

Comment

• Today, Rad Rides posted up a new video about a wagon where they put an Art Morrison chassis under it.... to remind, I did this nearly 2 years ago.

So I did do jack today... twice
                          new hotness

old brokenness

wait.... which one is broken?

I was all ready to proclaim how my Costco jack outlasted 2 HF jacks.... which, old brokenness did... problem was that was a factory sealed new one that was broken when they put it in the box.... ah well, just 2 hours I'll never get back
                          putting the new, new one to work

and the divorce is final

finally get to use this cart

this didn't last long, but it fits so I can move stuff around if needed

stiff stripped off..... more to come

I'm bringing this blast from the past up because I think it's cool. Art Morrison now has a IRS chassis that uses all Camaro parts.... hmm, wonder where he came up with that idea? yeah.. I know it wasn't available when I did this because I looked at all the options - he was still using the Ford T-bird rear....

File this under "why I blog" maybe even "why I'm poor" too ;) still, more power to anyone who follows along and does it themselves.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 6, 2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• onward with important, performance upgrades

new brake/clutch covers, worth 20 hp - which is damn near a Summit racing sticker

then exciting latch attachment

then... hold your breath in anticipation.... wiring

I'm going to replace the adapter with a real, waterproof plug.... these things are useless

Comment

• two installed

four installed

ugh

fun fact, you need this wire connected

there was 2 hours of my life, gone.

Comment

• whoops... I had the wires backwards on the battery... cooked the alternator. I had to go back to the shop tonight and touched the alternator... was hot, thankfully the disconnect switch works perfect.... lordy. the good Lord does watch over me.

Comment

Working...
                                X