No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this may be telling you how to suck eggs but did you put some soap on that blade, just normal soap, to lube it...
    Last edited by 65RHDEER; December 23, 2020, 02:23 AM.
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• nope, I did not - the blades very, very dull... lube wouldn't have helped
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 23, 2020, 07:21 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• chop chop

then anneal

then fit

Merry Christmas!
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 24, 2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Haven't looked in on the Vette build in over a month, so I was shocked to get to the last page and see an empty engine bay!! Had to go back a couple pages and catch up on all the excitement! All I can say is WOW! That breaks my heart, even if it's your problem, and not mine. I know how these things can go bad, or really bad, and this sure went pretty bad. At least it's rebuildable, and not a bunch of parts hanging out of the block.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
            Haven't looked in on the Vette build in over a month, so I was shocked to get to the last page and see an empty engine bay!! Had to go back a couple pages and catch up on all the excitement! All I can say is WOW! That breaks my heart, even if it's your problem, and not mine. I know how these things can go bad, or really bad, and this sure went pretty bad. At least it's rebuildable, and not a bunch of parts hanging out of the block.
            and now I have all the parts needed to build a 2nd 427..... but yeah, more then a little annoyed would be my mood.

Comment

• new, billet cam

Comment

• You people are lucky when it comes to buying cams from Comp, FREE SHIPPING.

When Comp ship overseas they charge an arm and a leg, the cheapest way to get a Comp gear international is to go through Summit.
                The last two hydraulic Comp cams I have purchased I added nitrating to the cam. Getting that done it becomes a custom grind. It can take a few goes to get an on the ball sales person at Summit who knows how to tick the right boxes...
                Tim
                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                  You people are lucky when it comes to buying cams from Comp, FREE SHIPPING.

When Comp ship overseas they charge an arm and a leg, the cheapest way to get a Comp gear international is to go through Summit.
                  The last two hydraulic Comp cams I have purchased I added nitrating to the cam. Getting that done it becomes a custom grind. It can take a few goes to get an on the ball sales person at Summit who knows how to tick the right boxes...
                  shipping wasn't free, but they gave me a huge discount on the cam (25%) because of what happened..... though that said, I think it's a sob story discount ..

Comment

• The specs on that cam look great! The high lift, combined with duration, and a decent 110 LSA should really make a nice cam for your engine. I hate a lot of the camshafts with the narrow 106-107 LSA myself. I think 109-110 is just about perfect for a high lift cam.

Comment

• well now that's just sucky.... the crank is bent.... there are some puzzling things about this - but in the end, I just have to find another... probably an Eagle crank...

Comment

• Bummer. But it DOES open up possibilities.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Bummer. But it DOES open up possibilities.

Dan
                          nitrogen cooling for my checkbook?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

nitrogen cooling for my checkbook?
                            For me it's the credit card.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              well now that's just sucky.... the crank is bent.... there are some puzzling things about this - but in the end, I just have to find another... probably an Eagle crank...
                              I was gonna hit the "Like" box, but I don't like this at all.

Comment

• I admire you guys that are willing to build or try to build your engines . I'm a coward . I've paid a shop to build the one engine I've souped up ( mild 300 hp build ) and over all turned out well enough that if another engine is needed I'll probably do the same or buy a crate motor from gm or blueprint . Again, that's off and hoping it turns out great this time .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X