however, the right bearings and the windage tray arrived
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Brown Santa arrived today

it even came with stickers!

and baffles

of course, the accessories.... like a pickup that can do full flow
      and a screw in dipstick

now the machinist needs to finish... so 6 years from today and I'll be dialed!

Comment

• So SBG do you hassle the machinist and risk him doing a rush job or bite your tongue thinking he will be thorough in his work?

I'm a "bite the tongue" guy, my machinist is a good friend and I know how busy he is.
        Last edited by 65RHDEER; January 13, 2021, 11:22 PM.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
          So SBG do you hassle the machinist and risk him doing a rush job or bite your tongue thinking he will be thorough in his work?

I'm a "bite the tongue" guy, my machinist is a good friend and I know how busy he is.
          I'll ask why.... I can even 'for example' most machinists want the pressure plate when they balance the motor... I'm not a fan, so there are times where I will ask this zinger.... "you know, pressure plates are zero balanced" then if they come back with "I've seen some out of balance" my retort is always "if a good machinist balanced the motor that slight out of balance shouldn't matter".... good machinists laugh, bad machinists get irritated This current one said "you know, if you were smart you'd have me balance two".... ahem. I'll sit down and shut up now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            That looks like a scrapper under the dipstick. That combined with your windage tray should do a good job on calming down the hurricane

Comment

• This latest incarnation is looking more serious each day with the parts arriving!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                This latest incarnation is looking more serious each day with the parts arriving!
                I may also order a race-only transmission and clutch setup.... at 700 hp, the Super T-10 is living on a hope and a prayer.... if I get Engine Masters power (and my motor is a touch more insane - 12:1 not 11:1, 320 cc against 300 cc).... then that transmission will go poof the moment I use it in anger. That said, I'm not against have a race clutch/trans/rear diff/tire package... it'd be less than 4 hours to swap it all....

Comment

• Jerico 4 speed?.... https://jericoperformance.com/index.html
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Or maybe the new TKX. I think they look interesting, thinking it would be a great replacement for a Muncie I have.

But would it's 600+ torque capacity hold up to that motor, it doesn't have a heavy body on it.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• wiring is my least favorite thing to do... this is why

you know, buddy (the guy I bought this from), if you're still watching this... stop doing crap like this

hiding bare soldered connections under plastic sheathing? seriously? you had electrical tape....

and big surprise, that white wire is the fan wire ... which doesn't work... probably because it burned at some point...smh

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Been watching your progress (and SET BACKS)
                          Just a little Sympathy Pain........
                          A engine I had rebuilt way back in 1998, for a Project that got sidelined with son's going onto college, a move, building a NEW Shop building, etc.......
                          So, I decided that if it sat for 20 Years, I would open it up to check for surface rust issues.

SURPRISE !!!
                          This engine was NEVER STARTED !!
                          Did get moved several times, but never stored outside....
                          The Block Was Cracked in the Lifter Gallery by #7 cylinder !!! Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1718.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	849.7 KB
ID:	1286290

This was a Gut Wrenching Kick in the "Giggniess" !!

I was lucky to find another block with the original bore, AND the same CASTING NUMBERS !!

So don't feel like the "Lone Ranger"....

Comment

• I was helping a friend who bought his '68 Nova as a non running project from a CL ad. Supposed to have been running, but seller couldn't start it, and said he'd installed 2 different alternators and it still wouldn't charge. He opened the hood, and I was shocked at what I saw for wiring there! I wish I'd taken a picture, as the number of wires, and relays, splices, connections, etc. was more than any new computer controlled car has! And the types of splices ranged from insulated butt splices, to twisted wires with tape, to wire nuts, and even crimped connectors bolted together and taped up.
                            I started tracing the large #10 awg wire from the alternator, and it went to an insulated terminal block on the radiator support, then across to the driver's side, and eventually to another terminal block. It went right past the battery without connection. Then on the driver's fender another red wire started from a terminal, and went to the battery. So the alternator never had a chance to reach the battery.
                            When I began stripping all the extra wiring that had nothing to do with factory wiring, I filled two paper shopping bags with everything I tore out. Then rewired the alternator to allow it to charge. Then I traced all the wires to see what worked, and what didn't. Found two wires in the bulkhead connector that weren't working, and pulling the connector and cleaning never got them to work. Instead I installed a 4 wire bulkhead connector, and swapped the two wires to that on each side and it all worked. We used the other two later for a line lock switch, and something else.
                            Some people shouldn't be allowed to touch wiring on anything!

Comment

• This one isn't the worst, not even top 10.... I had a V8 S-10 Blazer with washer-fluid hose for fuel lines and red wiring.... he replaced all the wiring with red wiring... no piece longer than 36" but safely twisted together and hanging.... and fuses? those are for chickens.

Comp Cams hp estimate. 737-777 hp and 634 torque (in both configurations)... problem was they don't have the heads on their list nor do they allow changing valve sizing to actual size.... ah well. This one is going to get dyno tuned once it's running so I can actually apple/apple compare.

Comment

• I am so stoked!!!!!! Just got this from OUSCA

You are good to run your car in GTV this season. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
                                Thank you,
                                Mike Morrison | Chief of Tech & Road Course Segment Manager

Comment

Working...
                                X