Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    This one isn't the worst, not even top 10.... I had a V8 S-10 Blazer with washer-fluid hose for fuel lines and red wiring.... he replaced all the wiring with red wiring... no piece longer than 36" but safely twisted together and hanging.... and fuses? those are for chickens.
    It amazes me how many guys will only use one color wire !

Comment

• I have a work buddy who is seriously color blind. He has a heck of a time doing electrical even when there are different colored wires. I can't imagine why you would do this on purpose.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        I am so stoked!!!!!! Just got this from OUSCA

You are good to run your car in GTV this season. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
        Thank you,
        Mike Morrison | Chief of Tech & Road Course Segment Manager
        An adventure begins. The good thing about that is you will probably take us along for the ride via Bangshift
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

The good thing about that is you will probably take us along for the ride via Bangshift
          it's been known to happen.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Since the news, I best get on getting this thing ready... the block and balanced assembly will be back either late this week or early next
            So Skid Factory Al said wrinkles make you faster.... wrinkle paint

this will probably take days to wrinkle because it's not even close to 60*F here

also time to clear and paint the stuff that remains aluminum color
            first coat of clear showed stains

so a bit of aluminum paint and all is good

and straight clear

Comment

• Heat gun for the wrinkle paint? There are times I wish I had an old oven in the shop.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Heat gun for the wrinkle paint? There are times I wish I had an old oven in the shop.

Dan
                they recommend baking to get a good wrinkle on it - I figure I'll let it dry (dry enough?) then do a dust coat and bake it.... I'll also have to get creative for an oven..

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Not to mention the ergonomics - where are you going to put all that stuff?
                  You have to find a place for the pump (depending on how many sections it has - could be problematic), another drive pulley changes the stack on the front of the engine and has an exposed oil pump belt. Then you have to find a place for the external oil tank and all the plumbing. There are benefits beyond just oil control, you can add a vacuum section and improve ring seal. I have always wanted to try one but it seems on a real street car that they aren't very practical.
                  The smartass in me woke me up this morning and made me type "I bet if it was a supercharger you could find the real estate"
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

The smartass in me woke me up this morning and made me type "I bet if it was a supercharger you could find the real estate"
                    Well - in my perspective - there is a better return on investment with a blower than an oil pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Well - in my perspective - there is a better return on investment with a blower than an oil pump.
                      if I was building a static display, sure. Autocross with a blower - no thanks.

Comment

• Which OUSCA events are you planning to run?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                          Which OUSCA events are you planning to run?
                          Oy, now that's the question, isn't it.

My dream is run Vegas on March 28/9.... there is almost zero chance, but it's not zero. Likely Willow Springs at the end of May.... depending on how that goes, I may try more.... but at this point, getting it ready and me ready is my only focus.

Wilwood does a Corvette Challenge that might happen - but I seriously think that won't be this year. There's just too much to do (and invest).

Comment

• Well, got a late start.... seems our friend in Langley BC cleaned his shop, so I had to do something....

then I cleaned wiring
                            just call me Mr. Clean

positive on the right side, negative on the left...

and the wrinkle finish was disappointing... ah well

Comment

• Did you use a quality brand with the wrinkle?
                              Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• bummer on the wrinkle paint, too cold maybe?
                                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                                1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                                2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X