No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice thing about being me, I don't have to dance around like a trained chimp and worry whether or not my sponsors are going to get mad at me. I also don't blog this for clicks or even front page news. Of course, there are some forums that seem to be heading that way.... good for them, you're either an enthusiast or a not.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• What did I miss? What would change your thread here if Bangshift like Youtube or not? I missed something I'm sure.

Comment

• I'll keep reading about your projects as long as you keep writing about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
          I'll keep reading about your projects as long as you keep writing about them.
          Me too!

Dan

Comment

• so carrying on
            fixed the steering and the header issue

new clutch clean

just waiting, I didn't have red loctite ... otherwise it'd be sitting in place

oh so close

Comment

• Is Bangshift bad at you ? , I know it was getting hot and heavy on a different topic that got shut down but no threats were made.

I've always enjoyed the work that you've been creating . I might not be commenting a whole bunch but I'm here , I try not to comment for the sake of commenting .

Is it just me or has the number of members viewing/commenting dropped off ? .

Comment

• With the site being screwed up for so long most but the hardest-core of us sort of fell away as it was so much hassle. Now that the site is (aparently....) I'm noticing folks coming back so I hope this bodes well for the future of the Forums. I really value this bunch of knuckleheads (me included) so I hope our numbers continue to increase.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                  Is Bangshift bad at you ? , I know it was getting hot and heavy on a different topic that got shut down but no threats were made.

I've always enjoyed the work that you've been creating . I might not be commenting a whole bunch but I'm here , I try not to comment for the sake of commenting .

Is it just me or has the number of members viewing/commenting dropped off ? .
                  there was no reason to shut down that thread other than it irritated some YouTubers. BS needs to decide whether this is an enthusiast forum or a shrill for the 'tubers. I think MTOD is failing - even the notion that they'd go to a Cleetus event suggests that Cleetus is far more in tune with what people want than HRM (in whatever form). Drag week is done RMR is now in.

So BS, what's it going to be - you rely on us or them? you can welcome the tubers here, but they're just people... otherwise, it's going to be just them. So why do you care - buy a bad part from one of your sponsors.... get your thread locked when you bring it up - once, maybe twice and people are leaving. Call out a gross polluter and get your thread locked... their only defenses so far have been "it's hard making content" and "you must be a Greta for calling us out"... please, you may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you'd have be pretty stupid for you to expect that to grow wings and fly.

The greatest irony of that entire episode is this: they got so upset when Mazdaratti got stolen, claiming it was immoral to steal - but lay gallons of oil over hundreds of miles and it's all okay? neither is right, but don't call someone 'immoral' and claim that your little feelings are hurt when someone calls you out when your only defense is some moral high road. Heck, the drug addict who likely stole their truck is far closer to being a moral person because they're stealing for a true need - not for some false adoration from a fickle world.
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 12, 2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• and I bet Cleetus would just look at them and shake his head... I've watched a fair share of his stuff, and doing right is fundamental to everything he does... as Freiburger is the ringleader of this... who can accuse him of always doing right? heck, I'd settle for 1 in 100 times.* No, I don't know him, but everything I've seen about him has pushed me away from him.... and yes, I avoid him - there is nothing about him that I need or want from him; and the downside is it's usually the people on the outside who pay for his stuff.... ever have a friend that all the parents loved and all the kids were "what the hell?"

think back to roadkill - how often do they drive a vehicle that more than just appearing to be unsafe on the road merely for entertainment? now imagine the other people who have to share the road with them... did they agree to be put at risk? I'm all about pushing the envelope but the one thing that will stop me is if I think anything I'm doing can injure a non-participant. It's not my right to put them at risk anymore than it isn't my right to steal from them.

and Finnegan's statement I posted before - "we were concerned about the pollution" but they did it anyway. Avoid people like that, they don't care about anyone but themselves. Sure, they pretend and make nice noises about caring - but let's compare and contrast. Freiburger v. Rawlings. Which of them helped struggling mechanic shops? which of them spun off their talent to go fly on their own? which of them spent millions help veterans? which took the son of their new wife and added them to his shop in an important position? which pays the payroll of 50 people at the risk of their own financial health? kind of puts Freiburger's hate of Rawlings in perspective - after all, evil hates good.

So BS... what's it going to be?
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 12, 2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• And Finnegan, it's far easier to make a Corvette go fast than a Cadillac... just sayin' of course, if you can't - you build a pickup. If you keep at it, you might be competitive with it... of course, you still need to learn a couple things about suspension travel.. or hire it out... hydraulic over spring is so last decade.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 12, 2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        there was no reason to shut down that thread other than it irritated some YouTubers. BS needs to decide whether this is an enthusiast forum or a shrill for the 'tubers.
                        I locked that thread down, not BangShift, so stop blaming an innocent party. The thread was intended as a message to the three people who apparently irritate you and you delivered that message ... several times. Objective achieved. After three pages and the member exchange becoming less than positive, the thread irritated me, not some YouTubers, whoever that may be. The website owners have given me permission and authority to keep the peace on the forum and that's what I intend to do.

There are not many of us left here, as anyone with half a brain can see, so let's just get along and have fun with our hobby and friends. Carry on ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

I locked that thread down, not BangShift, so stop blaming an innocent party. The thread was intended as a message to the three people who apparently irritate you and you delivered that message ... several times. Objective achieved. After three pages and the member exchange becoming less than positive, the thread irritated me, not some YouTubers, whoever that may be. The website owners have given me permission and authority to keep the peace on the forum and that's what I intend to do.

There are not many of us left here, as anyone with half a brain can see, so let's just get along and have fun with our hobby and friends. Carry on ...
                          "irritating you"

take ownership of who got irritated - it wasn't me nor was it on my behalf. I was fine with the discussion, never complained to you or anyone else about what was said - there were no personal jabs, and the discussion was on-topic... having differences of opinion is life. Shutting that down simply speeds the movement to other avenues.

Comment

I locked that thread down ... the thread irritated me.
                            Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            "irritating you"... take ownership of who got irritated.
                            I believed I was fairly clear on that point, but if you require elaboration, please let me know and I will be more than willing to provide additional diatribe. I will, however, concede the point that nobody actually complained, so I will unlock it, in a feeble attempt to remain a neutral and unbiased caretaker of our home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              *note

After Bangshift made it clear that they're all about the YouTube - I figure it's just a matter of time before I get booted. That's fine, given this (and the FJ40) haven't even made the front page - I get that they simply tolerate me until some better option comes along. I shouldn't have to ask, but their ignoring of it... speaks volumes.

Been a fun run, I'll keep updating but the writing is most definitely on the wall.
                              I think what SBG is saying here is that on the front page all you'll find is links to Youtube stuff, you'll never find a link into the BangShift forum to see what's going on with the guy putting a turbo on his Mustang, what that guy with the LSR ute is up to or how any number interesting stuff that's in here is going.

I guess they never look into the forum for content and really they have no interest, the forum is just Iegacy.
                              Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

I believed I was fairly clear on that point, but if you require elaboration, please let me know and I will be more than willing to provide additional diatribe. I will, however, concede the point that nobody actually complained, so I will unlock it, in a feeble attempt to remain a neutral and unbiased caretaker of our home.
                                I appreciate your efforts, now back to C3 content.... the machine shop welded weights in front of the mounting holes for the pressure plate. Even the best (he's not, but he's fast and cheap), don't get it right 100% of the time. We move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X