X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double WOW,
    and a Couple Dammits !!!!!

Comment

• I would rather not enough fuel at idle, not enough and it just won't run you're not likely to hurt it that way, too much (on an extreme) and you'll start contaminating oil. guideplate break? that would be a failure I've never seen before.

Edit:

I might actually call this a bit of a win, with the rocker almost able to push on the retainer like that, you're lucky the keepers didn't pop out and drop the valve...
      Last edited by ejs262; February 25, 2021, 11:58 AM.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
        I would rather not enough fuel at idle, not enough and it just won't run you're not likely to hurt it that way, too much (on an extreme) and you'll start contaminating oil. guideplate break? that would be a failure I've never seen before.

Edit:

I might actually call this a bit of a win, with the rocker almost able to push on the retainer like that, you're lucky the keepers didn't pop out and drop the valve...
        fuel is more general.... idle fuel is 13.75 target.... anything off idle is a bit rich
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• had to take the dash out to fix the door alignment....

fixed

still working on the window alignment.... what a hateful system

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            had to take the dash out to fix the door alignment....
            OMG !

Comment

• I thought my old diesel mercedes hated me.... my goodness you have the patience of a saint. I've literally sold cars (daily driver) to avoid pulling the dash!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Dakota Digital dashes have one, network cable for a connection.... to pull the dash is 7 screws and lower the column (two bolts)

Comment

• doors ugh

the window needed to be moved back and then twisted to fit the opening. It's not perfect but it's better than GM ever did....

one problem was the handle really had to be pulled on the inside to get out - given I have to be timed getting out of the car, that could be an issue.... the fix was basically move a shim

and then finally, put the handles on

easiest way - drill the holes large enough to get the handles through

wiper issue, this is going to be painful....

I'm in the process of finding tires. 200 AA treadwear is required - but I'm taking a higher-level view. If I was anywhere near competitive - then sure, the 10,000 miles (or a lot less) tires at 300-400 each would be fine.... but I'm taking a step back and getting 40k mile 320aa wear rating tires.... maybe next year after a bunch of autocrossing and track days... but I also want to drive this beast (and it is a blast to drive)....

So the ones in the shopping cart are Toyo Proxes Sport

Comment

• sorry to see the wiper fitment issue still is there...hoping you had found a solution...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I'm doing some dash stuff on my Javelin, next build I would like to attach the dash and center console with dzus fasteners!

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                        I'm doing some dash stuff on my Javelin, next build I would like to attach the dash and center console with dzus fasteners!
                        the Corvette isn't bad because everything comes out.... the Buick wagon? what a pain - no room and what there is, is impossible to access.

Comment

• well, time to cut in fresh paint

for my UK and Aussie friends.... don't breath this crap.... I've been watching Car SOS and it strikes me every time that the problems people are suffering there are avoidable.... cutting fiberglass aerosolizes glass dust - which will cut the hell out of your lungs. Watching Fuzz cut fiberglass with an abrasive blade and nary a dust mask or baby powder to close the pores... off the soapbox...

two cuts down

last cut

there it is.... and a chip... thankfully, the hood will be mostly flat black to reduce glare....

Covette19.... she's a black menace... hopefully soon causing wailing and gnashing of teeth on the autocourses .... likely mine, but I can dream.

Comment

• I have more parts, but I don't dare put it on jackstands or on the lift..... the Colorado needs to be done first....

why GM used rubber suspension points in a race car is a good question (the Camaro SS donor)
                            but I have axle tramp and the tires seems to be moving fore and aft either under power or braking

I may, also, do some mods to the arms which adjust the rear toe.
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 4, 2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• time to fix the paint

there, that should make me Wayyyyy faster.....

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X