X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    onward.... enjoy the view, they're going away

new hotness

the problem is pretty simple, it doesn't align because the studs are a touch longer

I also need to align a couple rockers....

now with adjusted guideplates and no girdle
    They make these parts look so pretty and then we hide them under a cover !

Comment

• Parts starting to arrive.... sticking cable, fixed

Important console side covers - cause you gotta look good too.

rocker change is done...

and the list is actually longer because I'm going to get another set of valve covers bolt from the top - which is fantastic if the bolt doesn't punch holes in the tube... hopefully by Sunday night I'll have the majority of the list done.....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• clean

and got the signals to work - bad LED flasher

Comment

• Like the Bug Screen on the Overhead Door,
          But I would have driven thru it the First Week I installed one......LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
            Like the Bug Screen on the Overhead Door,
            But I would have driven thru it the First Week I installed one......LOL
            it's a dog gate.

Comment

• back to fuel leak... I'm not sure it's the sender....

the sender.... but the non-capped line is a vent that I didn't put a hose clamp on.... hmmm

this one

it's a pain to get it on there - but I think that will be my first attempt to fix this

then onto other stuff
              bad rubbers

not bad, just too soft

nice, solid poly

I started here, then air hammered, then ended up using this for the second bushing...

and clean

thread lock stopped me. Need some to finish assembly... but close

Comment

it's a dog gate.
                My Bad, my little screen on my phone doesn't expand well. I thought it was one of those garage door screens, those vendors sell at any of the Major Shows or Swap Meets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post

My Bad, my little screen on my phone doesn't expand well. I thought it was one of those garage door screens, those vendors sell at any of the Major Shows or Swap Meets.
                  the PNW doesn't really have the quantity of bugs that would make a screen beneficial - on a house, sure, but a shop? not so much.

Comment

the PNW doesn't really have the quantity of bugs that would make a screen beneficial - on a house, sure, but a shop? not so much.
                    The bugs I remember were noseeums or however that is spelled and they're too small for a screen to help.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

The bugs I remember were noseeums or however that is spelled and they're too small for a screen to help.
                      flies and mosquitos with the occasional, surprise wasp nest. Mosquitos are the most annoying, but a nice 3 course garlic-pizza meal and no one bothers you .... the little flying black bugs are annoying, but they rarely directly annoy...
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 5, 2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Here one might be helpful, as we have Mosquitoes, in ALL SIZES, Black Flies that bite Steaks out of Your Hide, and Noseums (Pecker Bugs) that always get behind your eyeglasses....
                        BUT, it would be such a hassle to put up and down. Maybe for a Yard Party or a Quick (Yep YES SHE IS) Wedding reception......
                        ​​​​​​What works is "Fans" !! "Tampa Twirlers" (ceiling fans), box fans, or even your welding area fans. Mosquitoes, and the rest CAN'T fly in Winds.

Comment

• hopefully this fixed the gas leak

Comment

• and more knocked off the list..
                            the list

for those who forgot what the dash looked like removed...

squeeky clutch ... hmmmm
                            I didn't think it was possible... but here's the problem... they put the bell arm in backwards. But I don't think it was the PO, or at least not his fault... it's made backwards

first clue was the zert fitting... it wasn't installed - it's usually on the top, but it wasn't..

thing was, the ring that holds the cup (frame side) was machined into the wrong end. Add to that the hole for the zert was on the bottom.... turning it around solved all its issues. Now it can be lubed. I punted on the clip ring - I reduced weight. One clip ring
                            now the clutch works correctly, the difference is one arm is longer then the other - thus in the Corvette, where you don't have as much pedal travel as the truck, it won't work Worst, it sticks to the top of the hole in the firewall.
                            now it doesn't
                            In other news, and not on that list.. noise
                            and a way to test it

105db at 50 feet and 50 mph.... it idles at 100 db..... hmmm

Comment

• forgot to mention.
                              Fixed the throttle and have dual springs. I've had terrible luck with Lokar and similar 'aftermarket' throttle cables - sometimes stock is the right answer... rarely, but sometimes

Comment

• in good news, the other diff arrived. While more work, it should make me quite a bit faster

the hole gave me a discount, otherwise it's in better shape then the one I got from the people I bought the rest of the cradle from

and for those curious... this differential - I'll probably regear it but if not, I may use it under the Sledanet
                                drain

start removing bits...... I took this a lot further apart because I need to put the poly joints in the last two points

old cover on new diff

I actually have a cooled cover coming (dirt cheap, brand new) but it won't be here until Friday and I want to use this on Sunday so if I wait, I won't have time to reassemble in time

picture to remember how the spacers go

and then.... hmm

installing was a lot easier then taking the old one out

and... there is conflicting information about whether or not to use friction modifier. GM says use it. Given the wear in the other with the little bit I've used it (and the noise) - I'd say GM was right - when I put this together Mobil 1 said it wasn't necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X