Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
    I know I'm strange to some but I love how the intake runners look like they continue to run right up to the intake valves
    I'm going to build another 427 - this time with all the 'real' parts, not the Chinese crap .... these heads are a Stryker design, and even the knock-off is good enough that I want to use the 'real' ones on the next build. This motor really does support my belief that I don't need to build a smog motor (read, LS) to be competitive... next up will be with coil near plug spark, port injection and maybe even more compression. The 11.5:1 now has shown no signs of detonation - so more is better, so more it will be.... my goal is 650 hp NA with torque from 2500 to 8000 rpm. Not shifting on the autocross course is awesome - now it's time to make it even better. I dunno if I'll stick with solid roller, though... I understand that some hydraulics can get that rpm if I lighten the valve train....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
      I know I'm strange to some but I love how the intake runners look like they continue to run right up to the intake valves
      BBC engines were a huge improvement over the old SBC and W motors with their design. I read the engineers designed the runners first, and then designed the bolt pattern to work with the great runner design. So they flow very well.

Comment

• I hate exhaust leaks - and I swear by these

I get occasional passenger side smoke - thought maybe I had an exhaust valve seal going... but no oil in any of the ports or manifold...

top is left side, bottom right side

no oil on that either... but you can see how the driver's side is having trouble sealing - I've already replaced that one once and it's already gone

tomorrow's fight.... markers and signals.... when the lights are on, signals don't work but unplug the front and the rears do work

Comment

• light fix and aiming.... first, this wasn't opening far enough

and these two bolts adjust it

eventually new arms, but 'done for now'

then aiming

Comment

• an isky 292/.595/108 flat tappet hydraulic, 10.5-1 pistons, "290" or "291" heads
            (iron /oval port / big valve/ stamped "hi perf pass:...) with a holland tunnel port job,
            2" or larger primary headers and either a 930 on a rpm or a "c-66-o" with dual
            750s and 2" thick 4 hole spacers, or a tunnel ram + twin 750s and a roller
            valvetrain should get you +550hp at 7000rpm, and +550ftlb from 2600-6500rpm.

especially if you paint it pink...

plus it should be as reliable as a rock....
            Last edited by fatguyzinc; May 7, 2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

especially if you paint it pink...

"Nobody paints their race car black"

Paints car black.

Plus, I already know someone racing pink (two someones, actually).... you and Deaf Bob.

I didn't realize you were modeling again.... looking good buddy.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 7, 2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I didn't realize you were modeling again.... looking good buddy.

i keep forgetting who im tangling with, hah hah...

Comment

• I've been meaning to check the alignment - finally I got a moment today...
                  high-priced-alignment devices

I'm glad I did

just the left was toed in about 1/4"

I'll check camber and castor tomorrow. Front toe is fine

Comment

• I have been fighting the front lights, this is, I give up

they really fit poorly, but at the moment... I couldn't care less

onto exhaust
                    lay out circles

let's try an air die

make a funnel

then forever fuss with it

ah delrin

press

eventually you say "can't see it, don't care"

if this works, I'll make a delrin die so I simply press the shape into the material.

Comment

• Got some miles on the car today, things seem fine - maybe cooling is a bit warm - but even that is probably gauge more than anything else
                      checked the rockers for looseness, nada... yay

Comment

• narrowing in on refining..... this case, front signals

now signals AND markers work (winning)

now onto the cooling

put baby powder on the seal and see what hits

not much

easy enough to fix
                        define the holes

some CAD templates

now to clamp it in a way that the bonding epoxy doesn't make opening the hood an aggrevation

Tomorrow I'll take the tape off, clean it up then paint the blocks. the number one way to get cooling is to force the air through the radiator at speed... at this time, it's fine if I'm not pushing it hard, but if I push it for any time it starts to get warm...

tomorrow also.... horn.... because it's one point

Comment

• [QUOTE tomorrow also.... horn.... because it's one point[/QUOTE]

GO BIG.......
                          Get a KLAXON

Comment

• with this I'm ready.
                            first, a final shot of the hood

then worked on the horn. I need to space the button out further, but at this point there several problems with the system and honestly... I have better things to do then get a horn point. If you don't hear the side pipes the god help you

Comment

• When is the muffler test ? I'm interested in how that design will flow & sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
                                When is the muffler test ? I'm interested in how that design will flow & sound.
                                after I get back. I need my lathe, unfortunately, it's not operational right now

Comment

Working...
                                X