Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I think my only choice on the car now is either run what I got or replace it with a carb... nothing is available before late June, which is too late to test and tune before driving 800 miles.

And it doesn't seem FiTech is in any hurry either - so the only, realistic choice is probably a carb....
    I guess if you switch to a carb you can at least have a base to compare to the FI Tech later? So maybe not a total waste of time. Could prove interesting even.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0-4781c.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1295197 and drive it... EFI is a fine winter project.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

don't worry about FGZ, he's just bitter because I have a Corvette and he doesn't (too soon?)

the hawaiian reponse is "aaahyuFAKA"....
        (say it out loud...)

its ok, at least mine ran.
        with a carb.
        daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

the hawaiian reponse is "aaahyuFAKA"....
          (say it out loud...)

its ok, at least mine ran.
          with a carb.
          daily.

my comes with a cute puppy.
          winning
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

whining
            fixed that for ya... they all miss mommy for a while.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

fixed that for ya... they all miss mommy for a while.
              been 24 hours, he slept all last night, hasn't whined yet. I don't expect it to last, but it is a nice start.

Comment

winning
                Double check his hind quarters , kind of looks like a baby seal . He is cute .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• So I bought the Holley equivalent of what I have now. Yesterday FiTech called back (which was nice), but in the conversation the person said "well, I don't know why it's coming back, I wouldn't have allowed it." "Well, your computer that you installed burned up, then the second computer that you provided didn't work right".... he never backed off that initial statement. Fine, I get it... go pound sand. While I might be surprised, I am already hearing the words "it isn't our fault" ... fine, as a customer, it's my money that fixes the problem and you don't get any of it.... add to that the great advertising that I'll be giving when I show up (if) in Utah, and their business model seems a bit nearsighted. But it's not my company... so they can do whatever they want. I could say more, but I'll save it until after they get the chance to somehow blame me for all of it, including the mis-machined throttle body.

Comment

So I bought the Holley equivalent of what I have now. Yesterday FiTech called back (which was nice), but in the conversation the person said "well, I don't know why it's coming back, I wouldn't have allowed it." "Well, your computer that you installed burned up, then the second computer that you provided didn't work right".... he never backed off that initial statement. Fine, I get it... go pound sand. While I might be surprised, I am already hearing the words "it isn't our fault" ... fine, as a customer, it's my money that fixes the problem and you don't get any of it.... add to that the great advertising that I'll be giving when I show up (if) in Utah, and their business model seems a bit nearsighted. But it's not my company... so they can do whatever they want. I could say more, but I'll save it until after they get the chance to somehow blame me for all of it, including the mis-machined throttle body.
                    Hope you have as good luck as Dick had with the Holley swap. The Volvo really is running like a top now and the difference is night and day - we'll hope he didn't just get lucky!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Hope you have as good luck as Dick had with the Holley swap. The Volvo really is running like a top now and the difference is night and day - we'll hope he didn't just get lucky!

Dan
                      McSquatch works there now, especially because he didn't get asked by me for input, I'll hold him completely responsible for anything that might go wrong or that which I imagine might be going wrong.

Comment

• Wow ! That sucks ! . I had the same kind of experience with Monster Transmission. Never again.

Comment

• wiring...ugh

but I have help

Comment

• The bad thing about blond shop dogs is they show dirt , grease , and oil . Oh well , better knowing it before going in the house .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              The bad thing about blond shop dogs is they show dirt , grease , and oil . Oh well , better knowing it before going in the house .

Comment

• Supposed to have captions:
                                White dog gots to be by the kid in spite of welding.

Comment

Working...
                                X