Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my dad says the same thing.... of course, Luigi gets away with it because he's far cuter.
    Mine said the same thing, usually behind the wheel of the semi

Comment

• Holley Sniper

lock out the distributor

tomorrow, wiring
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Different series than the one Dick got - his looks pretty much like a Holly carb with float bowl looking thingies front and rear. Hope yours works as well as his does.

Dan

Comment

• I’ve never had a problem with a Holley product .

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Different series than the one Dick got - his looks pretty much like a Holly carb with float bowl looking thingies front and rear. Hope yours works as well as his does.

Dan
            so far, my only issue is the throttle linkage I have (for a Holley carb) won't work.... but wiring is today - I got leveled by a migraine yesterday and figured my head would, literally, explode if I tried to wire....

Comment

• FiTech.

They're sending my units back, they found faulty software on the 1st unit and a pinched wire on the 2nd unit.

I'm done with them. I can count the number of failures of the system and it's not looking good for them - getting yelled at by the warranty person was a nice touch too (let's of course, remind that phone call last Monday where the rep said he couldn't imagine why they authorized a RMA... wonder if he's going to call back and apologize? lol). They claim Holley uses 'their' system... well, okay, but Holley wasn't failing at the track; FiTech was. Their entire defense is "well, we fixed our mistakes".... did you? they have no idea why the software corrupted on their system - so whatever the problem is, it will happen again. In their testing they found the fans didn't turn on (even more scary), but once they reloaded the software "it was fine".... so much for that tune that they just deleted, right?

the first thing I noticed about the Holley system... the wires seem appropriately sized. FiTech claims you can run the fuel pump off their wire (an 18 ga wire) - anyone want to bet that's where the corrupting voltage spike came from? after all, I was at full song at the race track (thus pushing the pump pretty hard).... anyway, as I said, I'm done with this system on my C3. It will go on the shelf for another project... like all the other EFI systems on my shelf...

Comment

• So much for their business!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  So much for their business!
                  I gave them the chance to make it right... ah well.

Comment

• Man that sucks. Here's some things architects will tell you that rarely gets correctly implemented:

0) If it's made by man from materials available on earth, it's going to break
                    1) Always back your (whatever irreplaceable thing) up somewhere, then prove you can restore it. Then back it up again to yet another place offsite. This means your tune.

JPL has admitted correlations between computer problems and sunspots...
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

so far, my only issue is the throttle linkage I have (for a Holley carb) won't work.... but wiring is today - I got leveled by a migraine yesterday and figured my head would, literally, explode if I tried to wire....
                      Sorry you have those. My pancreas signed off 39 years ago but I'll happily take diabetes over recurring migraines. Hope they pass quickly.

Dan

Comment

• Great work getting to where you are! Sucks that you are having so much trouble with the FI system. Cautionary tales like yours make me feel good about using the factory setup on my 79 Pickup. It will be interesting to see how that works if I ever get it going. Keep up the good work!
                        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                        79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I'd guess the FITech will run an electric fuel pump IF a guy uses those puny wires to fire a relay! Sure wouldn't want to load up 18 awg wires with a fuel pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                            I'd guess the FITech will run an electric fuel pump IF a guy uses those puny wires to fire a relay! Sure wouldn't want to load up 18 awg wires with a fuel pump.
                            yeah, holley includes a relay and much heavier wires

Comment

• calm before the storm

now it's getting serious

thankfully I have access to my fuel pump

ran the wire down the center console. I'm going to put a switch on the dash to turn the pump off

show wiring it is not

Comment

• I swear I'm going to rename this Corvette Aaron's donkey (referring to Balaam's donkey of Biblical fame). UPS - "we're running late on next day air"... had I got the parts today, I'd have it running by the weekend and potentially able to run an Autox.... now, not a flippin' chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X