Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then the parts arrived...
    so I know I'm tearing this apart... but I'm fixing several issues at once. Obviously the EFI, but the fans need to be on a switch and the fuel pump needs a switch for off too..
    but first, dewire several wires I don't need

it arrived, but missing one part.... the clear cover for setting the various angles with the distributor... thankfully, it can be guessed...

calm down, this is temporary so I can build a shelf here.

unneeded wires

controller goes inside

puppy snoozes
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      puppy snoozes
      Awwwww .. I'm a sucker for a shop puppy !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Awwwww .. I'm a sucker for a shop puppy !
        $50 puppy bed, sleeps on old tarp.....

Comment

• Guess what? Fed Ex is not delivering on time again.... FiTech knew not to send it through them, but in a final "screw you for not continuing to let us fix crappy products" they sent it by FedEx.....

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Guess FI Tech couldn't end on a good note? Just had to get the last shot in, and I'm sure they knew you were done with them, so no reason to be nice.

Comment

• heh, first picture of this series is 6 of 66.... and it's wiring. This is not coincidence.
                will this spot work?

nope

so I built a pan

installed the digital ignition control inside

except for fans, this is ready to run

oh and some reassembly

I'm so glad I bought the Dakota Digital dash - it really does make this a pretty easy thing to remove the dash to wire....

Comment

• made noise tonight (yay).... thanks Regis!

wiring done (just need to tidy up

first shot was a fail because Holley didn't include their patented pointer setter.... which, I got it close, but what I didn't get close was which wire was number one

it runs again.... tomorrow, finish tidying up, tune it and drive it

I also got these so I can put the crotch harness into the stock seats...

part of me thinks I can rebuild the stock seats and add bolster.... dunno, don't think it saves me any money but they would fit better

Comment

• Hope you get good runs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Hope you get good runs!
                      between all the outside-the-racecourse crap that's happened... I wonder if there will be much more racing this year....

Comment

between all the outside-the-racecourse crap that's happened... I wonder if there will be much more racing this year....
                        Should be the end of your bad luck and sunshine and soft winds at ur back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Should be the end of your bad luck and sunshine and soft winds at ur back.
                          I received the EFI back today - not sure they actually touched it.... no receipt, no work done, stuff was just jammed in the box - this time without the foam on the top. They are a piece of work.

Comment

I received the EFI back today - not sure they actually touched it.... no receipt, no work done, stuff was just jammed in the box - this time without the foam on the top. They are a piece of work.

Wow! No words!

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Total shame .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X