• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you just look at that

winking...

not winking

things get a bit crowded when I need to use the lift for the daily

wiring the speedo

imagine taking the interior apart to pull the old 3 wire cable out and putting in the 2 wire..

and lastly, I'll try to save the fenders by cranking up the coils

Not a lot happening because I'm waiting for key parts
    so... driveshaft and shifter should be here Thursday... hoping to get it in before I leave on Sunday.... we will see. I could move it if the driveshaft arrives...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Just one day late, but it's here

I need to check American Power train's tape measure... that isn't a 3" offset...

I'm not against it coming up from the center, but it is a bit annoying

seems my shifter isn't going to work either... maybe if I put a skull on it?

driveshaft tomorrow.

Comment

• 3/4 offset? or 3cm offset?
        Last edited by silver_bullet; October 28, 2021, 06:06 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Must have been ON SALE
          Super Discount
          Its 3/4's OFF.....!!

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            3/4 offset? or 3cm offset?
            maybe the engineer forgot to change for "dimension told wife" to "actual dimension?"

Comment

• apparently "shorten" means "put in a new tube".... I'm not upset about it because I could make it work.... but goodness, why?

I'll have to make tabs to weld the rear crossmember back in but I think I'll finally get to the cross bracing I intended before, so it will be like this until after SEMA

Comment

• welll... I'm back. SEMA was an absolute blast, however I did come back with a cold so not all is great on the home front.... ah well.

In news that relates to this. Talked to OUSCA (Optima challenge) about schedule - and there isn't a schedule yet. I got a feeling that there may not be a west-coast version. That would suck - ah well, the Wilwood Corvette Challenge is game as is the Silver State Challenge. I drove the route from Ely - I could see doing that.
                I also.... this is my OPINION and in no way judging - the current crop of Optima cars aren't street cars anymore, and building a race car doesn't interest me. Sure, I'll make it faster but it's not what I am interested in building.
                Anyway, where I left off
                Talked to American Powertrain (who sold me the shifter). They'll send me the right offset after I call them on Monday (love SEMA - had a great talk with FiTech (I still don't think it was their fault - except they didn't call back - we talked, we're good), American Powertrain, Aldan American, and all sorts of other suppliers.
                time to put the brace back in place

fits

paint is drying

Oh look, and not even a little stock C3 suspension.

and I'm thinking about doing a PF3.... ZL1 rear, C7 front, 632 motor.... though this time, I'd have Art Morrison just bend me some new rails based off the dimensions of what I've built now
                Next is a new fuel tank similar to what I built for PF1.... need more capacity, might also change out the lifters to get my idle oil pressure back.... next up is aero with a belly pan and 'stupid' wings.
                When I went to SEMA in 2018, I was glad my car wasn't there. This year, mine would have fit right in - takes twice as long to build but it's 4x a better build.

Comment

• cross members in place...

time to build a bigger tank....

side view

finding center of the gas filler

I'm building a 16 ga stainless steel tank.... should be about 27 fill gallons (about 28.5 gallons total capacity). Why now? simple, my dad has roll dies at his shop in Oregon - and I'm going there for Thanksgiving - then spend 10 minutes bending it up...

Comment

• Just asking, and not in possession of a Optima Racing Rule Book, are non OEM, modified tanks to be a certified Fuel Cell?
                    Not trying to be a Jerk, just thinking of saving you a "Oh, KaShitskies Moment"
                    as I have made many of these brain storming mistakes myself !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      Just asking, and not in possession of a Optima Racing Rule Book, are non OEM, modified tanks to be a certified Fuel Cell?
                      Not trying to be a Jerk, just thinking of saving you a "Oh, KaShitskies Moment"
                      as I have made many of these brain storming mistakes myself !!
                      Just as legal as the non-certified tank that is there now.

Comment

• Question Answered........
                        And "Legal" used by a Lawyer.....LOL
                        Last edited by Captain; November 10, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                          Question Answered........
                          And "Legal" used by a Lawyer.....LOL
                          then why are you talking to me?

Comment

• got the 3" offset today - works fantastic

it even clears the console cover (bonus)

so I posted a picture from SEMA about a GM shift lever - it was $234.00.... mine is stainless

closer

and done

Comment

• Intake stuff.... One of the worries about the current set up is it could take water in - this should solve it, might even help since there is more space for the air to turn into the motor

Comment

• I have a small "Snorkel" on the Timber Cruiser. It draws air from outside the engine compartment, and is above as far as I want to "Fjord" any water.
                                No standing on the seat driving for me....LOL

Another Idea is a centrifugal baffle, water will drop out of the incoming air.

Comment

Working...
                                X