• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onward
    had to buy new ends because I'm sure I tossed the vacuum stuff years ago

install bumpers

grind clean

take springs off

the controller needed to go on an inner fender that no longer exists (and the alternator is now on the opposite side of the motor

not sure what their plan was on wiring, but I shortened some, lengthened others

hiding wiring

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Last year, I couldn't run at Portland Raceway because my car is a bit louder then the 105 db that the track allows. Just a bit - 2 db. This is the fix
      should get me under 100 db at full song - with no attendant loss of performance... we will see

likely the configuration

10" overall, according to my calculations, I only need 8"

roughly here

but much playing with these is going to happen between now and Optima in July. I may reduce the length of the inserts or simply change them to a different style... I do know that PF3 will have long tube headers that have much shorter primary tubes then lined sidepipes.... worst case is I put a diverter on the tip or make the tips removable so that the exhaust doesn't aim at the measuring device

Comment

• cc inserts, baffles, reduce drone, increase power, improve performance, patented

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
          On my prior C3, I went through all of those inserts. Fact is, I still have them. The twist one is an utter waste of money. The 'disk' one, kills power but it does quiet it down (and I still have it too).... As I've mentioned, the next C3 I'll have side pipes but reasonable noise but It will be more a copy of the GM system where the pipes went through 360 degrees of direction change.... I might even do something with these sidepipes after 2022 racing is over. I think the super long primaries are dumb and rob hp to boot. Something in a tri-y into a single oval, then turn down the side with maybe a honeycomb cat followed by what I'm trying now..... that gives me space for a turbo style if I have to (or disks) but gets scavenging back

Comment

• bummer....oh well, i tried.

Comment

bummer....oh well, i tried.

I appreciate the 411

Comment

• and they say converting to 5 speed is hard

Comment

• coincidentally, have you ever ridden in a ragtop C3? a friend of mine, leon has a couple.
                  one 327 and one 454, both 4 speeds. after a ride id never own one personally, the
                  amount of 'cowl shake' driving over even a semi decent surface was frightening, im
                  amazed the windshield didnt crack it was moving so much L/R.......

apparently the birdcage adds a ton of stiffness. makes sense, as most convertables
                  had unique frame stiffeners to make up for lack of body strength. there really isnt
                  any body strength in a glass car, so i dont know if there were different frame stiffeners
                  for the vettes. just something to think about, that by the time you get it to stop shaking
                  the windshield to pieces, it may negate any weight savings...think id do an aluminum
                  block for the weight advantage before i ran a ragtop C3 myself.....

course thats easy to say when its coming outta your pocket!

Comment

coincidentally, have you ever ridden in a ragtop C3? a friend of mine, leon has a couple.
                    one 327 and one 454, both 4 speeds. after a ride id never own one personally, the
                    amount of 'cowl shake' driving over even a semi decent surface was frightening, im
                    amazed the windshield didnt crack it was moving so much L/R.......

apparently the birdcage adds a ton of stiffness. makes sense, as most convertables
                    had unique frame stiffeners to make up for lack of body strength. there really isnt
                    any body strength in a glass car, so i dont know if there were different frame stiffeners
                    for the vettes. just something to think about, that by the time you get it to stop shaking
                    the windshield to pieces, it may negate any weight savings...think id do an aluminum
                    block for the weight advantage before i ran a ragtop C3 myself.....

course thats easy to say when its coming outta your pocket!
                    you mean, like this one?

keep up, my friend, keep up

Comment

• Is that it?

There's two frame mounts each side in the cowl area to look at if there's shaking. It's all sheet metal under the 'glass through there, windshield, door posts, rockers.
                      Last edited by Loren; December 21, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                        Is that it?

There's two frame mounts each side in the cowl area to look at if there's shaking. It's all sheet metal under the 'glass through there, windshield, door posts, rockers.
                        no, that's a friend's car that I've driven.... I told him that if he dies, I want it

Comment

• I know you're at the shortest day of the year... I'm waiting patiently for the report on how the TKX drives
                          Tim
                          Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                            I know you're at the shortest day of the year... I'm waiting patiently for the report on how the TKX drives
                            not sure the sun came up today... I've driven it, it is nice - like driving a gated manual.... very precise. Not sure I like the ability to adjust pressure off center - it has springs that return it, in neutral to the spot between 3rd and 4th because it makes reverse a pain to find (below 5th but you have to put a bit of pressure to get onto that gate side (or 1st/2nd). Outside of that, it feels very positive in both gear selection and holding power in those gears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              Is that it?

yep, new mounts i put in for him. its physics-- just like a full
                              cage is stiffer than a 4pt bar, a floor/firewall/windshield posts
                              and door jambs just arent as stiff as if you tie it together with
                              the rear header and t-top center bar to windshield.

however, as i always say-- i know what *I* would do, but its
                              your car, your money. up to you how you want to do it....

Comment

''' i know what *I* would do, but itsyour car, your money. up to you how you want to do it....
                                I know what I would do - trade it in for a few more gold chains and a handful of Tommy Bahama short socks.

Comment

Working...
                                X