No announcement yet.

Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, signed up for Optima 2022 at Portland International Raceway .... since I've actually run that track, it should be a good time.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I swear I should put the dash on with velcro
      rewiring lights

but it's 3 degrees in my shop.... so I spent time trying to decide what I'm going to do about a stereo (soundbar suggestions are welcome)

I also talked to CIRO today about a rear wing.... he runs a C3 as well, so lots of talking there....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        my windshield
        What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

What happened?
          it cracked because the body shop didn't put the door on right then slammed the door rather then aligned the pin.

Comment

• Egads...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
              Egads...
              people think I complain about everything, truth is I complain about very little... of course, if asked, then I'll explain (like now)...

Come to think of it, though, maybe they're right - I do complain about every delivery done by FedUp. Of course, they screw up every delivery, so I figure it's fair.... and should be mentioned - after all, who else is a perfect screwup?
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 29, 2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Sometimes (usually) merely talking about stuff gets understood as griping

Comment

• so there's a much larger discussion about requirements of Optima and SCCA.... suffice to say Ciro Racing is helping then making the wing for my car.... and this is the information they need

the tl;dr

find the center line, then make a straight line above it (roof line)

an issue that is important is that the spoiler isn't straight

and the furthest point (as required for the rules)

the angle at the point where the spoiler will live

the legs will drop onto or beside the frame rails - this is where the frame rails are

and the total width of the legs

again with dimensions

center line is 4"

this is more for info purposes only and not directly related to the issue at hand

Comment

• I feel like I finally turned a corner -- from building a car, to making a race car faster.... I hit my goal this year, next year, make a mark with it.

Comment

• Well.......
                      You Can't Wreck Junk......LOL
                      It will at Least make it look fast !
                      Intimidate the Competition.....

Comment

• [QUOTE=SuperBuickGuy;n1311396]so there's a much larger discussion about requirements of Optima and SCCA.... suffice to say Ciro Racing is helping then making the wing for my car.... and this is the information they need

center line is 4"

this is more for info purposes only and not directly related to the issue at hand
                        /QUOTE]

This look much like our LSR spoiler requirements for those classes that allow them. Except Comp Coupe that allows (IIRC) the top to be 6' above the ground! I don't know who pushed for THAT rule.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

This look much like our LSR spoiler requirements for those classes that allow them. Except Comp Coupe that allows (IIRC) the top to be 6' above the ground! I don't know who pushed for THAT rule.

Dan
                          I'm not sure why Optima is different then SCCA - that will probably change this year too because they've joined up with some other alphabet soup racing org this year. (SUVA? something like that)

Comment

• First... nutty dog shot....

today was mostly organizing my shop but got started (again) on the gas tank

then lay out

I need to build a die

there it is, just got to get metal tomorrow

Comment

• Big, stupid wing ordered (Anthony's brother said that - then I explained why I needed the and his face LIT up - now he informs me each time I see him that big wings are cool.... Seattle may not be a car mecca, but 2 kids at a time, it's changing)
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 3, 2022, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Big (stupid) wing coming

I bought from CIRO racing. The guy who owns the company races a C3 and has done really well autocrossing. Nice guy too...

Okay so to explain 'stupid' I made a friend a couple years ago now, he's an autistic kid named Anthony.... he is amazing at forced perspective photography.... what is that?

go here and ask yourself 'real' or 'toy'

Explore the exceptional world of Anthony Schmidt Photography, where the youthful creativity of photography transforms model cars into art. Delve into Anthony's journey and his remarkable ability to capture the essence of vintage cars through his lens.

some are easier to tell.... truth is, they're all toys. And he's 13. We've become friends - so much shadow of who I was at his age - anywho, his brother is a car nut too.... I think he's 8. But he's a car nut too - likes imports (I'll fix this - I already Anthony saying 'stock is boring') - and I showed him what I plan... his response was "big stupid wing" .... so I explained to him why the big stupid wing and as any good 8 year old, he's fully on board with the idea now. But from here on out, it's the big, stupid wing.

Comment

Working...
                                X