Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BSW.

Comment

• Having "Smaller Humanoids" hanging around your Shop can be a Blessing and Humbling!!!
      And REWARDING !!!

20+ years ago the neighbor's boy occasionally came up the Road to hang around my shop. Then bring his small projects up......
      Well in this 20 year Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2085.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	856.8 KB
ID:	1311669 Time, "Ben" has Grown Up into a TRUE Rusty Iron Junkie. Now out on his own, he still stops in with one of his "Small Projects"....... Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG2083.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	1311670

His Mother must HATE ME !!
      Just, the same, he has Antique Tractors, Vintage Cafe' Motorcycles, Antique Snowmobiles, and ALWAYS 3-4 projects sucking up Space in his Dad's building.
      (His 2 car garage is full of Parts and Donor Bikes, Snowmobiles....etc.)

Enjoy your time with these Characters,
      It they will be Quickly Older, and surprise you !!

Comment

• the guy building my wing owns this

C3 Corvettes get very little love from enthusiasts. Unless that enthusiast is named Rick Jung, who has built an insane 1968 Corvette, dubbed C3-R.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• New tool

in use

so time to fix 2 problems... first I can't get enough caster but also too wide, this will gain me almost an inch - which, major bonus is the front tires won't rub on the fenders....

quite frankly, this is why I built this in... so now mark... tomorrow cut

Comment

• Very cool tool, was time for it? Yellow Corvette is bad-ass. I get the feeling the BFSW is going to sandwich-mount from frame through deck? Cantilever shock mount still hanging in there.
            Last edited by Loren; January 6, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
              Very cool tool, was time for it? Yellow Corvette is bad-ass. I get the feeling the BFSW is going to sandwich-mount from frame through deck? Cantilever shock mount still hanging in there.
              yep, it's why the gas tank suddenly got pushed up on my list of 'to-dos' hopefully today I can go get the material to finish the dies.... if ever there was anything I'd like to buy my way out of - problem is the dies I'm finding are either specialty or junk.

Comment

• If you're still going to So. Cal., this guy in Riverside has a bunch on CL. (Pricey but there's somebody else around there who was selling at $7/inch.)

Press brake dies - tools - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)

It'd be a lot nicer to have that wing come off the deck, who cares about a few holes.

Comment

If you're still going to So. Cal., this guy in Riverside has a bunch on CL. (Pricey but there's somebody else around there who was selling at $7/inch.)

Press brake dies - tools - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)

It'd be a lot nicer to have that wing come off the deck, who cares about a few holes.
                  My wing comes through the deck, I'm building stands that bolt to the frame and support an angle that is under the deck, the wing will bolt through the deck and into the stands - thus, I can easily change the height depending on sanctioning body or remove the wing if there were reason to do so (can't imagine what that might be, but the option would be there. So yes, there will be holes in the deck

For example, Optima limits the height from the deck to 8" above the deck. SCCA allows to the roof line (which is 17 3/4" above the deck)

Comment

• Is there a rule for what-size tiny screw you can run through the rr bumper uprights through the wing supports which then go up-and-over the rear lip and forward/up to where the wing mounts and then presumably everything isn't wiggling around all the time? (Snark alert....my point is just that the deck mount which you're going with seems far superior to the bumper mount which the as-I-say-very-cool yellow car has, presumably for its' own reasons. Yeah nobody needs me judging but sometimes I'm like "Oh yeah that's cool" and othertimes "Hmm seems a little shaky". Go ahead, shut me down whenever).

----------------

Edit from later: On further thought I think I understand that's all meant as an optional, easy-on/easy-off thing for track-use only.
                    Last edited by Loren; January 7, 2022, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Is there a rule for what-size tiny screw you can run through the rr bumper uprights through the wing supports which then go up-and-over the rear lip and forward/up to where the wing mounts and then presumably everything isn't wiggling around all the time? (Snark alert....my point is just that the deck mount which you're going with seems far superior to the bumper mount which the as-I-say-very-cool yellow car has, presumably for its' own reasons. Yeah nobody needs me judging but sometimes I'm like "Oh yeah that's cool" and other times "Hmm seems a little shakey". Go ahead, shut me down whenever).
                      I get your point, but a couple things - it does give a tow hook on the back (which I may or may comply with that rule), and second, he is a SCCA national champ in that car.... it's the second point that got me to spend money on his solution.

and plus, I'm having a lot of fun learning and racing.... seems to me that is the most important thing. YMMV

Comment

• Sooo, I know, brakes only slow you down....
                        and I know, no holes

these actually came with the rear when I bought it.... no idea miles but they got me on the road

back is done....

front is going to take a minute since I don't have a 10 mm tap
                        chop is done

tacked the fronts again.... a bit more grinding but I also need a tap to chase the threads

Comment

• Tap got, reassembled...

gained 2* I need to open up the new rotors a bit then align it.... all by 1 tomorrow

Comment

• waiting for the fart can muffler installation tutorial to go along with that wing...

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                              waiting for the fart can muffler installation tutorial to go along with that wing...
                              then you're really like it when I get DQ'd at Optima for the suspension... a total riot, to you, that will be.

That said, I've quite literally walked PIR 100 times (2.5 miles) in both directions - I'd rather not die, so despite your desire that I put an LS in this car, it gets 'aero' .... which I loathe. But I don't think I'll like being dead - not to say you wouldn't like seeing me dead - but since your opinion really matters to me (or not)... I'll go with SBW and life.

Comment

• Brakes. To catch up, the spindle is C5/C6 corvette - which has a larger hub ring then the Camaro - why, dunno, but it does so a warranty was broken, again

I may not use my lathe often, but when I need it, it really is handy

2.5 degrees camber, 7 degree caster. Drove it today, drives great... I may put shims in it for 'normal' driving and get back to 1.5* and 5 or so caster

bling

trying to decide whether or not to repaint the caliper.... probably won't, but at least I considered it?

It's their rules, but I refuse to invest big dollars in something that I don't need....

$36.00 - I think the speakers set me back $12

Comment

Working...
                                X