Plastic Fantastic tew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
    Not bad, I doubt they'd kick you out of an RV park for that one.
    It's been so long that I've gone to a RV park that I wonder about that.... but don't care either because it's not how I camp, this is race track and potentially moving duty only.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• It looks like you should be able to make that work quite nicely! MKV BBC?

LETS TALK TORQUE! FULL RESULTS-GEN 5 454 UPGRADE-STOCK PEANUT PORT HEADS. CAN YOU REALLY MAKE DECENT POWER WITH A SET OF PEANUT PORT BBC HEADS? CHECK OUT THI...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Gen V, Gen VI started in 1996 (and was designated a Vortec motor).... kind of really a different thing because it had, for example, port EFI instead of TBI.

Gen V - one piece rear main seal, no fuel pump provision but flat tappet cam

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

It's been so long that I've gone to a RV park that I wonder about that.... but don't care either because it's not how I camp, this is race track and potentially moving duty only.
          When I first moved to where I live now I came in a motorhome and had issues. I never knew some rv parks have age restrictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post

When I first moved to where I live now I came in a motorhome and had issues. I never knew some rv parks have age restrictions.
            it's true... which is why I have Wanderer.... good for any Walmart or wilderness situation.... that said, I opened it up a day or two ago... it's a tad musty due to all the rain... that said, it's a great theft deterrent - smells like dead body.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 7, 2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• oh good grief...

so I missed the last Autox to take advantage of an okay deal on an RV (for racing purposes). I get another notice from the Autox sponsors that another is coming up... the 19th.... I think "oof, that's about when our next chance of major snow" then "and on the 20th I go race the big track" Weather isn't certain but so far, I haven't been wrong in my long term forecasts....

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Gen V, Gen VI started in 1996 (and was designated a Vortec motor).... kind of really a different thing because it had, for example, port EFI instead of TBI.

Gen V - one piece rear main seal, no fuel pump provision but flat tappet cam
                  8.1 / 496 ?
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

8.1 / 496 ?
                    maybe

Comment

• Time to make the die for the gas tank

center the top punch (aka top die) on the bottom die

weld on both sides

build tank

simple, no?

Comment

• KOOL,
                        I wish I had 3 phase in My Buildings so I could buy Tools like that !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                          KOOL,
                          I wish I had 3 phase in My Buildings so I could buy Tools like that !!!
                          I don't have 3 phase, I have VFDs. That said, the brake is run on a 220v air compressor motor.

Comment

• Excellent !

You are Enabling Me !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                              Excellent !

You are Enabling Me !!
                              remember that the dies cost far more then the machine. These old machines are pretty much banned in commercial settings - so you get them for, basically, scrap value.

Comment

• you know the day is going to go bell up when you're using a razor blade to clean PVC off stainless. Basically it adds hours of refinishing because no matter how good you are, you'll scratch it..... and before someone pipes up 'ceramic - that scratches it too.... just doesn't last as long

time to assemble the internal stuff - Hydramat

I'm using a lot of parts I've had around... like the hydramat from the first fuel system

Loren .... lap it or butt weld it?

Comment

Working...
                                X