• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds good! It's nice to see it outside
    A.K.A. Brian
    Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• SBG! Life got busy and I stepped away from reading forums every day and before I knew it years had passed. I wasn't working on my projects either. Found love, got married etc. Just busy on other stuff. Bought a ZR1 to fill the void. Finally got my priorities straight and back on the Studillac again. I had a couple idle hotel days and decided to see how your car was going. It took all of those 2 days to read the thread! And WOW, you have done a great job on the Corvette! The car is awesome and better than I ever imagined it would become. And continually getting better. Anyway, I'm watching again and hope I can stay in the groove. Thanks for the new inspiration.

Dwayne

Comment

• Originally posted by 53 Studillac View Post
        SBG! Life got busy and I stepped away from reading forums every day and before I knew it years had passed. I wasn't working on my projects either. Found love, got married etc. Just busy on other stuff. Bought a ZR1 to fill the void. Finally got my priorities straight and back on the Studillac again. I had a couple idle hotel days and decided to see how your car was going. It took all of those 2 days to read the thread! And WOW, you have done a great job on the Corvette! The car is awesome and better than I ever imagined it would become. And continually getting better. Anyway, I'm watching again and hope I can stay in the groove. Thanks for the new inspiration.

Dwayne
        Missed you buddy congratulations on the nuptials - as I mentioned on your thread, the kid whose 57 Ford was in my shop bought a 59 Hawk.... it's black, red interior... neat, neat car. Helped him get it home.... that makes 3 people in my world who have Hawks. Anthony, you, and Les Leggott (high school mate of my dad's)
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 27, 2022, 08:38 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• time for some CAD work

half and half?

there are times when I want to troll... this picture is for those trolls

and more of the left

on the other hand

Comment

SBG! Life got busy and I stepped away from reading forums every day and before I knew it years had passed. I wasn't working on my projects either. Found love, got married etc. Just busy on other stuff. Bought a ZR1 to fill the void. Finally got my priorities straight and back on the Studillac again. I had a couple idle hotel days and decided to see how your car was going. It took all of those 2 days to read the thread! And WOW, you have done a great job on the Corvette! The car is awesome and better than I ever imagined it would become. And continually getting better. Anyway, I'm watching again and hope I can stay in the groove. Thanks for the new inspiration.

Dwayne
            One of the major cars that got me to stay on this site! Good to hear you are back on it!
            Always wondered what happened to you!
            Don’t be a stranger!

Comment

• tonight's fun, working with aluminum and plastic

HDPE

it is Plastic Fantastic, after all...

Comment

• onward
                time to start fitting

easy so far

now getting harder

look at the top edges, as I start making the spoiler follow the side-to-side changes (it goes flat in front of the tire) that pulls the top in.... I also have to radii the part which follows the wheel opening. I suspect there will be more then on attempt at this.... and all of this to get hate from tracks because it has neither ABS no traction control... and as a bonus is not quiet....

ah well, if it were easy....

Comment

• narrower

reality is I didn't like the extensions - so I narrowed it

welding mounting tabs

there is a danger to being on the ground....

not sure how much of this I'll use

mostly held by tabs

in other news, another BB for another C3

and aluminum heads

Comment

• Nice photobomb Luigi!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• getting there

then comes the make it stay

Comment

• Reminds me of a decal I saw once. Anything over 3" tall will be decapitated.

Comment

Reminds me of a decal I saw once. Anything over 3" tall will be decapitated.
                          I plan on sharpening the edge and using it for grass trimming during the summer....

Comment

• We used to call when a car left the track And the way the Grass Flew, and the tire tracks
                            left in it.......

"And there He Goes ... He's Out Mowing the Infield !!"

Comment

• blanking plate to direct air to the radiator

metal

installed-ish

welding aluminum is so easy

getting closer

now to decide how much splitter... the blue lines are potential cut lines

Comment

• and more fitting, but this time with a grinder

it will be black when it's done - but I still have a bit more welding to do

Comment

Working...
                                X