here they are.... not going to use them

the issues are too wide and they aim down.... and take up a lot of room

so just holes

was planning on these at the wheels but they'll work quite well here

some 3" tube to aim the flow at the rotors

paint the blanking plate

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• another track day completed.... I had the Cadillac airborne.... so much fun (and yes, I knew I'd go airborne)... did a nice 100 mph 4 wheel drift... nothing to see here, moving along ;)

in other news, painted the spoiler

and installed the block

Soooo, next Friday, I'm doing a Track Night in America at Portland International Raceway.... but
      forecast has snow in it. Granted, it's supposed to be 'just' rain by Friday (the weather witches are just guessing) - however, that's not better because rain cancels.... and honestly, that 2 1/2 mile track would be nothing but standing water and stained underpants if it was doing anything but mist.....

I really want to do this track night for a couple reasons - 1) it's where I'm doing Optima this year - thus it's like a free practice, but then 2) noise. I want actual data on noise. I think I have it solved - but the 'if it's not' is I'm building new sidepipes with a far different design... and that will take a solid month to build... I plan on doing this next winter - it will have oval exhaust because Chad (old timers know this story).... but the benefit of new headers is I think these 4' primary pipes destroy power...
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 6, 2022, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• 15th?

Comment

• Good luck on the weather. But I thought Chad liked square pipes.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Good luck on the weather. But I thought Chad liked square pipes.

Dan
            hmmm, thinking I'll leave that rabbit hole alone. Or as alone as is possible. It was weird, though, I've met him and never realized how short and round he is.... maybe it's just his affinity for roundness that makes him square prejudiced?

Comment

• it looks nice

too bad it's too low

and all the harpies are rejoicing....

so, it's opportunity. The holes in that valence are a problem for aerodynamics - and it was rightly suggested I block them.... so I will the calculation for cooling is you need 1/3 the radiator surface in grill opening... worst case scenario is I put a vent in the closing panel... the problem is it will be hard to create access for the bolts.... and a bit shorter spoiler.... 3 1/2" was not enough.... the other choice might be to make it flexible with reinforced rubber....

In other news
              I filled the tank - no leaks or smells....
              and we're moving .... this should be fun (3 hours east)
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 7, 2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                it looks nice
                In other news
                I filled the tank - no leaks or smells....
                and we're moving .... this should be fun (3 hours east)
                Moving to Spokane?

Comment

• So Sunday, I'll remake the lower valence out of aluminum without air intakes. If I do need intakes, I'll craft some kind of scoop so that it provides downforce to low pressure to the radiator core. I've also thought of making those scoops active so they could be adjusted or even closed.

I also will make a spoiler but seriously considering just a reinforced rubber one.... I need brake cooling so it will be wide enough for the air intakes.... I considered before to put those intakes next to the turn signals (behind the grill but also higher in the body).. this would help with clearance... still need to spend more time on how 'tall' to make it... 3 1/2 was too much but only just barely - the bend came from the step into my shop and may have been caused by an earlier scrape....

learnin'

tri-cities

Comment

• My wife is originally from Ronan, MT. If/when we make it up there again we need to visit!

Comment

• We'll be in Seal Rock (staying in Waldport) shortly but sadly our time is REALLY limited so we won't get to see folks other than relatives. I'll wave as we go by!

Dan

Comment

We'll be in Seal Rock (staying in Waldport) shortly but sadly our time is REALLY limited so we won't get to see folks other than relatives. I'll wave as we go by!

Dan
                        I'm going in the opposite direction

Comment

• dangling brake cooling lines

a start to a new setup

the biggest problem is the spoiler can't hang more then 2" from the angle

laid out a new plate - then the shear wouldn't start....

I'm going to try something... according to what I've read - you need an air inlet that is 1/3rd the size of the radiator.

so basically, I'm going to eliminate the under side holes - however, if it doesn't work, I can simply pull the plate and get flow back....

Comment

• spoiler v2 cont.

what that doesn't explain is I had to diagnose and fix my shear...

tomorrow's goal is make this look less hardware store

Comment

• Hardware store is good!

Dan

Comment

Hardware store is good!

Dan
                                For paint and grade 8 fasteners .... yes . Speed parts .... not so much
                                Last edited by langleylad; April 12, 2022, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X