• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now in aluminum

but wait, there's more

then load up and go

to here

with a brief stop to see parents - and their Corvette

Did SCCA Track Night in America at PIR. that was fun, car stayed together and seems ready to run at Optima. Exhaust was quiet enough that I may remove the cones - then if there's a problem, just reinstall them. They kind of kill top end speed... but the rule is this - they give you a warning, then you can fix it, and it's fine, but you have to tell them what you did.... so if the cones aren't there and it's too loud, I'll know that by putting them back in that I'll be okay....

and wow is that concrete slick at PIR.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• What day was track night at PIR? Do they use the whole road course, or some other areas? Glad you and your parents got some time together. Tell your dad I said hello!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
        What day was track night at PIR? Do they use the whole road course, or some other areas? Glad you and your parents got some time together. Tell your dad I said hello!
        Friday
        Yep, with the rose festival skating rink (err, rose festival curves)
        You should tell him, my dad is at the Hanger in Carver every Friday morning at 7:30 - where the pictures were taken, there is an impromptu car show - then everyone gets breakfast at the Hanger or the Carver Cafe (a block or two east). Dad eats at Carver cafe.... which, I didn't remind him, but he thinks he worked on it - nope, my brother and I installed the hood... a long, long, long time ago.

I'll be back at PIR July 15-17 for Optima
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 2, 2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Friday
          Yep, with the rose festival skating rink (err, rose festival curves)
          You should tell him, my dad is at the Hanger in Carver every Friday morning at 7:30 - where the pictures were taken, there is an impromptu car show - then everyone gets breakfast at the Hanger or the Carver Cafe (a block or two east). Dad eats at Carver cafe.... which, I didn't remind him, but he thinks he worked on it - nope, my brother and I installed the hood... a long, long, long time ago.

I'll be back at PIR July 15-17 for Optima
          I haven't been to that Friday morning breakfast thing at the Hanger in ages. Our car club, the Road Agents, meets every Monday at Pub 212 in Damascus. I'll have to try to make a Friday at the Hanger and visit with Wally.

Comment

• Narrowing in on ready
            first remove the baffles.

I think they do affect top end power... we will see
            brief break to let the lab float

happy lab

so remade the optima brackets

before

with tall stands

with the new stands

other then cleaning the car is ready to go.... next up fix the ac problems (or lack of ac) in the motorhome, and install tie-down plates in the trailer

Comment

• Labs and water, there is nothing that can keep them apart
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                Labs and water, there is nothing that can keep them apart
                My Springer Spaniel was nuts for water. Many times I had to go swimming to drag her out of the water when she wouldn't stop until she started getting so tired she went under!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Narrowing in on ready
                  first remove the baffles.

I think they do affect top end power... we will see
                  brief break to let the lab float

happy lab

so remade the optima brackets

before

with tall stands

with the new stands

other then cleaning the car is ready to go.... next up fix the ac problems (or lack of ac) in the motorhome, and install tie-down plates in the trailer
                  Wow ! You’ve gone all out on areo ! I like the low stands

Comment

• at least its slightly less rocketbunny with the lower stands...

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                      at least its slightly less rocketbunny with the lower stands...

sadly, it only uses about 1/3rd of its length in that configuration.

I agree, aero looks stupid, however, I have 5 years in building that car and think wrapping it into a wall looks stupider. Your opinion likely differs, however only mine counts. I need to finish editing my last track day, the wing is to push the rear down under hard braking. It helped, but I probably should have done more.

you will be glad to know the baffles fell out. There was a BMW at track night that was way loud. ... if he gets away with it, so do I.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 14, 2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• and, we're loaded (Luigi is coming with).

weirdest thing, the trailer I bought for moving...

fits the Corvette just fine. boy was I lucky

Lots more ready this year....

Comment

• everyone likes pictures... so we start there....

Chad won and was a neighbor in the parking lot.

what a trip the filming is. I may end up nowhere on it (kind of doubtful because I had cameras on my car pretty much the entire time) - but I seriously think one of the biggest boosts I got was from that whole thing.... I know all you experienced racers don't think anything of it - but to me that was as much a trip as sliding out of the box on the stop challenge (oops)....

So in other news... the car.

It still runs.

but, I need better tires - I finally saw how they could help, but I'll also say that up and until now, they would have been pearls before pigs...

it ran. But I knocked off after completing all the first rounds because I was getting concerned that it's dropping a cylinder. I cannot afford a new motor this year, much as I'd love to have stayed 3 more hours and ran....

The clutch.... ugh. Even at the low power, doing the last challenge - the accel/braking session, the clutch started to slip. I don't know what to do about this, that clutch is supposed to be able to handle the power.... but the bbc torque? yeah. Maybe I should bandaid it with 3.73 gears? then the tires would go up in smoke before the clutch did....

Comment

• so the list

I need to find 200 tw tires

and the clutch is "check".... it should be okay, but then again, it was getting funky on the last brake portion..in all seriousness, I should put a 3.73 rear gear in

Comment

• Hydraulic throw out bearing?
                              if so.. heat?
                              if linkage.. maybe flex?

Comment

• This is, absolutely, my most favorite picture of my car

Comment

Working...
                                X