Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again with illustration. The IAC isn't working, so today I called FiTech - they picked up their phone before it rang, answered the question and I have a couple things to do .... and bob's my uncle (well, he was but he died)...

There isn't an aftermarket EFI which works perfect out of the box. I've dealt with all of them now, but that 'doesn't even ring' before their tech line is there to answer my question should be the first thing anyone does when they do EFI.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    onto boring stuff....
    shifter boot

new post covers

the problem is the top corner wears out and looks terrible

no idea how this happened... annoying, but not changing it for now

door panels are coming soon. I spent the balance of the evening tuning.... something is off - the IAC is wide open, maybe stuck, dunno... also 10 psi hot oil pressure at idle is not making me happy.... 60 psi at full song, but the low pressure....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Perfect timing!

Dan
    It was... the plan was for it to go to SEMA then lead wherever that lead... this car and my FJ40 has generated a lot of interest and motivation to open a speedshop... There isn't a week where I don't have good offers (not tire kickers) to build stuff for others.... truth is I do lawyering with the same motivation as any other professional - you do it, but it's not what motivates me.

anyway
    tonight was blowing warranties
    first, I need to start looking at cutting off the anti-chatter from the new pads

then decide how to mount these
    but first, take them apart

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Perfect timing!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    back together, tomorrow I'll time it and put the new starter.... should have it done just in time for winter to hit

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    figured out the distributor problem, a wire got caught between the base and the intake....
    I see a bit lean, late timing....

what is 'stock'

I'm going back to it for the following reasons
    1) there is nothing holding the lower row of rockers in line

2) note the alignment of the exhaust

3) doesn't fit well

I needed to also adjust the rockers - some were way out, but that's to be expected on a new motor....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    not much to report, did a guy breakfast this am, then went to a car show in the C3. Good news is it made it there and back, bad news is the distributor came loose again. The there was the whole save-a-hummingbird and my day was done.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    worked on the headlights tonight... I'm going backwards a bit - I'm going to use the original lift mechanism then add actuators.... think it will work better

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 10, 2020, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    overflowing piles of WIN You sure have boundless energy!

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Had a nice chat with Randy Probst, the guy whose comment started the entire Camaro suspension. He's supposed to be here this weekend, might go say hi. He was very enthusiastic about it - though, I think he's enthusiastic about anything fast-car.
    in other news, circling back to finish things. In this case, light actuation
    the most obvious problem.... actuator goes too far

other problem, they can rattle when closed

the fix is coming but the start of it was tonight

also the missing door rod showed up

it does have locks, just not key locks on the outside

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and now it's a 1976 Corvette with a 390 hp 427.... the only one... but the badge says so, so, it must be... now it's on the internet so it's doubly true

headlight wiring

headlight up

no headlight

low beams

still working on the bottom stop. I'd like it to be adjustable but not quite sure how is the best way to effect that...

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    The car looks awesome!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time to fix on the to-do list
    anti-roll bar touches the coilovers...

there is a kit that I hoped would fix the problem... it did but it also required bending the sway bar

heating

and before people get persnickety, I know - I don't care, eventually I'll replace with race pieces, but keep in mind that I heated the rear sway bar in the '40 and it's still working just fine

next up, dash lights went out and cooling fan didn't come on.... separated those circuits with this

new starter, let the smoke out. Time for a call to Summit tomorrow because that isn't 6 months old

thankfully, I have another that works - just needed the bolt retightened - which is what got it pulled.... I probably loosened the wrong nut ah well, works fine now

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Planning PF tree already???
    Sledanet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X