No announcement yet.

The Wanderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well that was interesting. I drove the Suburban 1000 miles last weekend - everything worked well. I went to drive it today and it wouldn't leave 2nd gear until I shut it off, then it worked fine again.... ugh.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Dangers in Australia:
      Everything, including the trees.
      Lol, yeah. We removed one out of the backyard because SWMBO didnt' trust it. 40' tall with a 2' deep root ball.

Comment

well that was interesting. I drove the Suburban 1000 miles last weekend - everything worked well. I went to drive it today and it wouldn't leave 2nd gear until I shut it off, then it worked fine again.... ugh.
        Flakey computer? I had a 4L60E that did that a couple of times, just before the whole car died. Turned out the ECU harness had a few broken wires.

Comment

• 4L80e, will scan codes tomorrow.

Comment

• Had a lot of shifting issues with the 4L80E in my burban, would not shift until very high RPMS or would not shift until you shut it down and restarted......ended up being a ECU...and another....and another....and another....apparently GM built a bad batch of ECU's....Anyway, once I got a good unit the damn thing shifted fine...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• so it's time to reduce the weight

hey look, it fell off.... too bad, huh?

thankfully, I had a piece that just fit right into place

whew, crisis averted.

In other news, I'll be replacing the oil plug and a few seals....

Comment

• I don't see a thing!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• tuner parts....

now I get to 10 psi - yay, this thing really got woken up by the removal of the cat; this is just icing

Comment

• Would a less restrictive muffler help as well?
                    Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• it's a straight-through turbo design, so I dunno. These can drone without some kind of muffling, so for now it stays.

Comment

• Hmmmm, there's been a bunch of interest in it - hopefully the 85 finds a new home soon.... I figure that the more diesel Suburbans out in the overland world would be a great thing

Comment

• my goodness I had a lot of interest. New owners is picking up the 85 tonight. Once I finish getting the motor out of the denali, it'll go and I'll be down to 1 Suburban How do people survive with just one Suburban?

Comment

• Bye bye 85 - you're off to a new home. The guy was stoked and I was stoked to break even on a personal car.

Comment

my goodness I had a lot of interest. New owners is picking up the 85 tonight. Once I finish getting the motor out of the denali, it'll go and I'll be down to 1 Suburban How do people survive with just one Suburban?
                              UHOH.... he's on the hunt again!
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• never stop looking

Comment

Working...
                                X