• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer out

old out, new in

and it's the wrong one.... take 2 on Thursday
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I'll be watching what you do for a stereo . I've got a busted cassette stuck in mine and the speakers are just good enough to listen to .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I now have 2 double din stereos, so that may happen...

but first, time to cut a hole in the roof

test fit

and done

Comment

• brake issues....

sort of fixed it, I have an issue with the balancer - so it's better, just not where I want it

stereo start

it is possible to put a double din in, but there is no reversing it.... as you'll see soon

time to fix an air leak

yep, there will be a lot of mud in there.... if you don't like it, deal with it I don't care.... it's a $300 truck

My goal is this ready-to-camp by Friday.... It must be done by the end of May, so there is fudge room, but wish me luck (unless you don't like the mudding then bugger off)

Comment

• Luck!

Comment

• Its neither here nor there but just curious about the tire size and if your going to stick with them .my 35x12.50s look perfect ( in my opinion by living with them I say they are at least 2 inches too big and if I didn't have a lift that there is no way to remove I'd rather have 31x 10.50
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                Its neither here nor there but just curious about the tire size and if your going to stick with them .my 35x12.50s look perfect ( in my opinion by living with them I say they are at least 2 inches too big and if I didn't have a lift that there is no way to remove I'd rather have 31x 10.50
                285/75 16 is the size I'll end up with. I'm running these tires because I had them - and free is a darn good price. As for size, the diesel really factors into this. I have torque but no rpm - so a 33 or 35 (as long as the gear ratio is reasonable) are pretty good sizes because you get the lift, there's no mpg penalty, and you gain about 5 to 10 mph cruising speed. On this with the overdrive, it's not as bad, but 4.10s with a turbo 400 and your top sustained speed is 65.... with 35s is 75. The racer in me is considering a lift, but honestly if I do, it'll be with a solid front axle out of a Ford. I love the IFS, but reliability is a thing.

Comment

• awning

needs a clean

ugh

Comment

• I see what your problem is, they are designed to be put on a vehicle and you've put it on a house!
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                      I see what your problem is, they are designed to be put on a vehicle and you've put it on a house!
                      I can see why you'd say that, however, it's first problem was it was on a Jeep - and you know how those things infect everything they come in contact with....

Comment

• You meant Heep, right? JK
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• The goal is make it better...

better, not done yet, but better

Comment

• Looks like my kind of fix. And once again you can see how hard it is to color match white.

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; May 3, 2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• the paint is to preserve the filler.... eventually this will get a full repaint... then again, I'm not sure any door matches any other door....

Comment

• White can be TOUGH to match! Complete respray is the sure-fire solution.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X