65 d100 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 d100 project

This is my first post on this site and this is my first project vehicle so bear with me everyone. I gotta 65 D100 I've been working on since last summer I need lots of input from everybody and pictures if anybody has any. Starting with radiator scenarios mounting places and brackets. I should also add, like I said it's a 65 however I have an 85 d150 front end stubbed on.
    Last edited by Mitchxc700; March 1, 2017, 06:07 PM.

first advice... pictures, words are for grownups.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As Alice Cooper said, "Welcome to my nightmare!" Not really - this is a great bunch of folks some of whom I've met in the real world and they're still OK!

Given that most of us are only semi-literate pics are a must. There's a sticky on how to post them and if I can do it ANYONE can do it as I'm pretty much a computer dunce. I love me some MOPARS though the only one we currently have is Truck the Dodge/Cummins and it's a great truck. I've had Dodge PUs, 3 different Road Runners, and other MOPAR odds and ends. I'm an old fart so I've had time to own a lot of cars!

Please keep us posted.

Dan

Comment

Comment

Comment

I have a handful of questions haha and would really like some help locating parts

I screwed up on that picture I know not sure why it uploaded sideways

Comment

Been a while since I've had a gasoline-fueled Dodge but I'll be happy to pass on whatever I can remember. There are lots of sharp guys on here so ask away!

Dan

Comment

Cool truck!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I've waited for some of the more active fabricators to guide you . That said , I'd hang the dog house on it and if your body mounts don't line up with the frames brackets for them on the stub I would move them. As for the radiator, measure the size hole you have to work with taking into account your stub may require you to clearance your radiator support thereby narrowing the hole . Some c channel at the bottom will hold it up and a few L brackets on top to keep it squeezed in ( with some flat pieces of rubber top and bottom to keep vibrations down . I'm working on my 4th ( well I have all the parts ) Small Block S10 and I like the 4th gen corvette radiator for capacity and compactness. Hope that helps .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

P.S. in your search for a radiator keep in mind what side you need the hose outlets !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

what dan said - I do a bit of fabrication and just like my 'words are for grownups' comment - I do fab in 3d then make it work. you picked an excellent candidate to learn on because it has a lot of room to work with.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thats a great looking truck. Definitely a great canvas to start with.
                        CHECK US OUT AT:
                        www.ridetech.com

Comment

I yanked the radiator and trans cooler out of an 85 Ramcharger should fit fine with that 85 stub front end. Cab and box seems to line up ok, it needs a little massaging thought. I'm sure I'll catch some heat for a Gasser and a Dodge but if it makes anybody feel any better my daily driver is an 04 Cummins Ram 3500

Comment

Nice truck. Love the old Dodges.
                            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

my brother had a D100 in the day 383 2 barrel 3 on the tree
                              Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                              Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                              X