AMX/3 Replica at NHRA Museum in Pamona, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMX/3 Replica at NHRA Museum in Pamona, CA

Last Saturday May 30th, 2009 the Sciabola Inc AMX/3 reproduction body and Dave Ward chassis attended the SoCalAMX 3rd annual "All AMC Car Show" at the NHRA Museum in Pamona California. This is the best AMC event in Southern California all year and a perfect opportunity to show off the progress on the first reproduction AMX/3. The AMC community has been waiting 40 years to be able to have their own AMX/3 and the most common questions was "what does it weigh?" I have not weighed it yet, but I am not too concerned. When Dave Ward of Precision Welding built this chassis next to the Big Red Camaro he made sure it would be safe, which is what is most important. The Richard Conley engine is completed, an AMC V-8 with almost 600HP, it's not 1,000 like Big Red, but I think the aerodynamics are better, and Big Red goes 222MPH, do we need to go that fast? Well, we can always build a more powerful engine later.

Tom

Re: AMX/3 Replica at NHRA Museum in Pamona, CA

That thing is amazing :o
    Clasic shape, new technology under the skin.
    Is that a copy of the body that was used as a sign on a pole somewhere?

Edit-- Nevermind, I checked your site to get the answer.... It was the AMX2 that was atop the pole ???

Comment

AMX/3 Replica at NHRA Museum in Pamona, CA

Mike,
      Thanks for posting, yes the AMX/2 design was improved upon with the AMX/3. Now for the first time in 40 years the AMX/3 replicas wil be available to the public. I like your green AMC.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X