Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Twice a day converter swaps! Remind me to never sign up to be your trunk monkey.

How fast can you pull and reinstall a transmission on jack stands?
    Derby guy replaced a tranny with a helper between rounds, 23 minutes start to heading into arena for consi round...

Comment

• Soooo, being the contrarian that I am, if your going to run a high stall - you need to run a BIG cooler and man up!

Comment

• Maybe try to find a Switch Pitch Turbo 400 to use with a gear vendors O/D???
        https://www.racingjunk.com/Automatic...smission-.html
        Last edited by silver_bullet; January 7, 2019, 06:14 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I would think you would have the Optima thing covered with the vette project . I would just make a nice driver that handles well out of it . And either way you build the chassis , drag or curve, I like the sound of a V8 so I'd use the 6.0 you already have . If your after a little better has mileage the v6 turbo wouldn't be bad .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• 8.5 is the number it needs to run....
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              8.5 is the number it needs to run....
              It won't look like a sleeper with that much cage in it!
              Tim
              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post

It won't look like a sleeper with that much cage in it!
                bolt-in cage.... sure it will :D not just that but it's a 10 point cage, those hide in the a and b pillars.... make the side bars removable and bob's your uncle.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 15, 2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  Soooo, being the contrarian that I am, if your going to run a high stall - you need to run a BIG cooler and man up!
                  either that or really man up with a jerico and bangshift it.

Comment

• I should wait until June 2 (be an even year), but Buinicorn is getting parts thrown at it. I haven't committed to the motor yet, but brakes, and tubular components are in the mail and will be installed as soon as they get here.... yeah, C3 goes to the back for the parts to happen, it's not permanent. I seriously think I'm going to sell it when it's done. Neat to have for sure, but refilling the project car bank account is neater. This may also influence what motor ends up in it... I still am committed to the Buick ideal - but whether the GNX stays or not.... dunno

Comment

• Woohoo!
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• the more I ponder, the more I want to build what I have.... all Buick, if I need 1500 hp in the future, I'll build it but I'll work on maxing what I have... it fits the theme and the story so well... so rebuild, update, no different block/intake/or even turbo location.... the suspension actually was the thing to seal the deal... it's not drag race, it's 'just' a cruiser. It will even have a/c because Buick

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          the more I ponder, the more I want to build what I have.... all Buick, if I need 1500 hp in the future, I'll build it but I'll work on maxing what I have... it fits the theme and the story so well... so rebuild, update, no different block/intake/or even turbo location.... the suspension actually was the thing to seal the deal... it's not drag race, it's 'just' a cruiser. It will even have a/c because Buick
                          YEA!!!!! I'd add an applauding hands emogee if there is one.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

YEA!!!!! I'd add an applauding hands emogee if there is one.

Dan
                            Dan likes Buicks, who knew?

I still kind of laugh at myself, when I went to pick up the replacement doors for this car, the guy I bought them from is a total Buick nut too - but as we're talking he saw my dog in the back of my truck and asked his name.... "Buick" .. the guy laughed and said that was too far for him ....

Comment

• My dog's name is Lincoln...nuff said.

Comment

• and parts have started to arrive (yay)

still not sure on whether spring or air.. I have airbags, but then again, basically I'm following what I did on my last Skylark for suspension..... and it worked well with just drop springs....
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 31, 2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X