X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    It took at least a month, but got it

I'm not complaining, I suspect that I lost the stand; not that they didn't pack it - and they sent me a replacement for free (thanks SpeedMaster).

and the project stack. I had to oil change the Colorado so space needed to be made

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

while that it is true the pump pressures are off, it's also true that all of the hard parts of a fuel pump swap are already done in this case. if nothing else, it would be great for mock up, but I won't try and twist your arm into taking it.
    I appreciate the offer - and this does fit within my goal of giving people what the options are....

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm not a fan of used tanks. In this case, there's the other problems of fitting the other cells and that the pump is for TBI pressures not TPI pressures. Thanks for the offer.
    while that it is true the pump pressures are off, it's also true that all of the hard parts of a fuel pump swap are already done in this case. if nothing else, it would be great for mock up, but I won't try and twist your arm into taking it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm not a fan of used tanks. In this case, there's the other problems of fitting the other cells and that the pump is for TBI pressures not TPI pressures. Thanks for the offer.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the bad mamma jamma is the 40 gallon diesel tank.... 82-91, I had an 84 Diesel Suburban that I would fill up once every 1000 miles.... was awesome... then I got my turbo and that's once every 750 miles.... oh wait, I suppose to diesel-bro that number... once every 2500 miles... yeah, that's the ticket

seriously though, 40 gallon is good, the 94 has a 40 gallon tank a well but it's not as advantageous of shape.... that said, aluminum fab tanks are cheap.

that said, if I do large capacity, it will be at least 2 tanks if not 3 (regular, E85/race gas, and methanol - for charge cooling).... but you do have the right idea - my ultimate goal of this car is long-distance cruiser (and blindingly fast)
    I still have the stock 31 gallon tanks out of my Suburban(I put a 40 in...), complete with the TBI sending unit, if you want it, its yours.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    old motor mounts moved backwards

more fitting

starting to consider this problem

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    In tonight's installment, I keep cutting... and cutting

remove the bottom because it's not correct

cut and fit

chill bar and tacks

flip, chill and tack

line the lip up

put the door on to start the fitting

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    I have a 42 or 46gal tank in my 98 K2500 Suburban, I could measure it for you if you'd interested. It's basically a rectangle and fuels from the side.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
    think 73-91 (?) k5 blazers had an optional 31 gallon square tank...
    it fits between 36" framerails.
    the bad mamma jamma is the 40 gallon diesel tank.... 82-91, I had an 84 Diesel Suburban that I would fill up once every 1000 miles.... was awesome... then I got my turbo and that's once every 750 miles.... oh wait, I suppose to diesel-bro that number... once every 2500 miles... yeah, that's the ticket

seriously though, 40 gallon is good, the 94 has a 40 gallon tank a well but it's not as advantageous of shape.... that said, aluminum fab tanks are cheap.

that said, if I do large capacity, it will be at least 2 tanks if not 3 (regular, E85/race gas, and methanol - for charge cooling).... but you do have the right idea - my ultimate goal of this car is long-distance cruiser (and blindingly fast)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 2, 2020, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    think 73-91 (?) k5 blazers had an optional 31 gallon square tank...
    it fits between 36" framerails.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Have you considered buying a donor tank from a Suburban or some other GM and using it with the stock in tank fuel pump?
    aftermarket tanks are so cheap that I really haven't considered it. Keep in mind, though, that the Fiat tank has been sitting for 8 years - so in a sense I am repurposing rather then buying.. when I do the Fiat, the tank will look far different then this one

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Have you considered buying a donor tank from a Suburban or some other GM and using it with the stock in tank fuel pump?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    onto productive things
    borrowing the fuel pump/tank from the Fiat

20 gallon tank.... there is LOTS of room here

then onto fender fitting

slot to make the curve

it's funny, I tried to sell my other plasma.... no one wanted it, but I've been using the heck out of it

now we're getting somewhere

I'm going to end up using the extension I bought awhile ago with the fender... shouldn't have to, but since it's a wagon, the lower body line is more parallel with the ground then a sedan.... ah well, I already had it so it's nice I can use it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    spare is/was on the passenger side outside the frame... should say 'battery box' but it seems odd that GM didn't put the tire under the floor and about the gas tank like they did on the sedans..... ah well, it's certainly a bonus because I can put both tanks and the nitrous bottle where no one can see..... and carry dogs and luggage (quickly). I have enough piece that I could air ride this entire car - to be honest, I haven't decided yay or nay... but with a 20 gallon tank, a 5 gallon methanol tank, and a 10 lb nitrous bottle.... it should be fun....

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    It's carry over from 3rd seat wagons. Smaller wagons need the spare tire well. You need neither so it looks odd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X