time to attack the holes

start

other end

remove the old

trimmed

Leave a comment:

• RockJustRock
    replied
    Saw this. Figured you'd appreciate the caption and would like to gaze upon it fondly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hurt.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1256566

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Open box day
    I don't know if I should be thankful or hide because the top box.... that has a plate in it to cover the firewall hole... that's it - I figure I probably killed 3 baby seals and one polar bear with the box and blow foam inside...

I'm not certain I'm going to use this on the Buick, but it was $30 (Amazon returns) so I bought it

cam and springs are here... I've always had a soft spot for Sig Erson - long, long ago, I met him ... must have been 8 or 9, he was beyond nice to me... when the stars align, I still buy from them (even though he and his company are no longer the little cam shop in California)

and a balancer bolt. I'm dangerously close to pulling the motor and doing the updates....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    new tool to replace old, stripped tool

put to work immediately

messy thing

all that to check this

cap looks close but it is removeable

removed

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Gulp, pow der coat?

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Dang..I thought a grinder speck could be chromed..

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Bumper update. $1300. The bumper wasn't repairable (which I would dispute because anything is savable, just look at this car), so they're bringing a replacement in February. I might have been able to do better, but given no one on the Buick forums have piped up before now with an alternative, and finding another one has not been easy.... well, it is what it is.... and maybe even underscores why I'm putting the LS in for the moment (as cost savings)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    now we're talking about brackets. For an LS motor. no Corollas.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

in a 117hp corolla, yes. in anything making 300+hp--
    and as this *IS* superbuick we are talking about here,
    so i expect double if not triple that number outta him--
    I don't think youde feel even a 50hp difference.
    since we're talking about a 6.0 LS motor... not sure where Corollas came in....

Leave a comment:

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    On your comment above about not noticing 15 hp, maybe not in a banzai run, but maybe in driveability.. Not having to downshift for slight differences in the roads.

in a 117hp corolla, yes. in anything making 300+hp--
    and as this *IS* superbuick we are talking about here,
    so i expect double if not triple that number outta him--
    I don't think youde feel even a 50hp difference.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    On your comment above about not noticing 15 hp, maybe not in a banzai run, but maybe in driveability.. Not having to downshift for slight differences in the roads.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    a bit of work tonight
    got the old intake off.... gained some space

cleaned the dead rats off

schnazzy

somewhere I have new seals for the injectors.... sigh... oh well, along with one bracket for the rails, it didn't come with bolts for the intake...oh well, if it were easy everyone would do it

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by ejs262 View Post

my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.
    unless, of course, you needed the larger throttle body for soon turbo install.... "if"

also, 15 hp may be a lot on a dyno, but in the real world.... I'm not convinced anyone would notice the difference - I certainly haven't.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 16, 2019, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ejs262
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.
    my understanding is that the short runner intakes like that one leave alot to be desired, even compared to a stock LS2 intake.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    Gotta love fresh parts! Details on the intake?
    cheaper then a Dorman. It's a nice piece though it is missing a bracket - time will tell whether or not I have to make one.

and that said, some might notice there's a big hole over on the passenger side..... it's for potential, future improvements.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X