replied
    time to set the body on, again

fun fun

now to figure out where to blend them together

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    never think the fender is perfect... it is not

I hate doing it, but I'm going to break it down to several components - which means spot weld drilling -

mostly because it's easier to fix the dents as a single panel - however, the lower lip is really thin - so where I'm drilling out the spot welds will be replaced....

it's remarkable that it was filled with Idaho dirt but not rusted out

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well, 1200 miles, 3 days and a few new things

we have a new terrorist... cute little bugger, though
    the quarter in its wavy glory

amazing how little effort can really make it a lot better

just a push

also a push here

I'm going to pull the skin off but I want to do the fixes while it's still in its 'jig' also have a bit of sill rust repair....

should get the car back in the shop tomorrow night

oh and the other thing, we're moving in 3 weeks 250 miles away... that said, it's an amazing new shop

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and

and for those wondering, one strap to hold it on, 3 to keep from getting stopped

not as great as I'd hoped, but 1/3 more then what I have now
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 23, 2022, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 53 Studillac View Post
    I drove from Mississippi to Arizona for 2 perfect Studebaker front fenders...but they are perfect. I got to see the Grand Canyon and Car Henge on the trip. Maybe you can work in Mt Rushmore or something if you haven't already seen them.
    Idaho isn't 'terribly' far from me .... granted, it's 10 hours plus stops - but easily doable in a weekend.... don't even have to move 'that' fast. Twin Falls is cool, it has a really undersung canyon... it's also where Evel Knievel did his jump. I seriously plan on a weekend... not just that but you've seen Roadkill and High Desert Auto? HDA is where I'm getting the fender...

Leave a comment:

• 53 Studillac
    replied
    I drove from Mississippi to Arizona for 2 perfect Studebaker front fenders...but they are perfect. I got to see the Grand Canyon and Car Henge on the trip. Maybe you can work in Mt Rushmore or something if you haven't already seen them.
    Last edited by 53 Studillac; March 28, 2022, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    perseverance.... pays off

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Good that you found a donor.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    Progress(?)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well, I spent what I think is a lot of money for this beat up corner -- with that said, it includes the 1/3rd that was missing on my car - so in a month or so I'm driving to go get it.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 25, 2022, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Nuts.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post

I'd probably just get that one as close as possible then take an air file to it. I know pictures can be deceiving but it looks savable to me.
    matter of time, if I get to the point where that's stopping me - then I'm going to break out the english wheel and make it happen - the problem is I dropped that corner, before the drop - it was within tolerance for me - now? anyway, it's plan b, even in its slightly crumpled state it's 100% better then before - before there was no metal there and some pretty amazing bondo sculpting....

Leave a comment:

• Sleeper73
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I've gone back and forth on that. I can fit a 10" tire as it sits now - but yeah, it might happen... with that said, I could also do it later - my biggest issue, right now, is trying to find a quarter panel for it (right rear)
    I'd probably just get that one as close as possible then take an air file to it. I know pictures can be deceiving but it looks savable to me.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
    I'd be tempted to mini tub it while it's off the frame
    I've gone back and forth on that. I can fit a 10" tire as it sits now - but yeah, it might happen... with that said, I could also do it later - my biggest issue, right now, is trying to find a quarter panel for it (right rear)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 28, 2022, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X