Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Actually, it's fun seeing you stretch and shrink metal. Then there's MP&C - wish I knew 1/3 of what he knows.

Dan
    I get that, but I don't want to do the work to get there - metal work is like baking but just working with harder dough
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 8, 2020, 04:48 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• drill time

though this kept distracting me

welded

the difference between a 64 and all the rest of the generation's frames

time to straighten this a bit

DanStokes likes this.

Comment

• The 'Vette looks good! Nice shade of silver.

Dan

Comment

• an old friend is back.... I must get the frame painted before it gets too cold (and hopefully the underside and firewall)
          DanStokes likes this.

Comment

• I was wondering when you were painting this.. Getting cool nights..

Comment

• so the Corvette wasn't coming back tonight so I figured I'd move forward on the wagon
              I need to paint the frame, so first blow the dirt off with a pressure washer

done and done

smooth the welds on the frame

but wait, look what got home...

doesn't matter, tomorrow I'll set it up to paint the frame

Comment

• 1st I did not understand about this design while I finished to see and really amazing.

Comment

• screw it, I'm putting the 50 Buick's motor in this.... it will get a 320 but the twin turbo 430 is going in this.... haven't decided whether or not to use the built turbo 400 I have for it (with a gear vendors) or adapt the 4L80e... either way, the 430 may eventually end up in the Sedanet, but it just makes too much sense to put the 455 in my wagon. now the LS doesn't have a home but I have some thoughts about that as well... who knows, it may power the Rover that I'm going to build for my wife....
                  silver_bullet likes this.

Comment

• I'd love to see you tackle an LS in a Rover, people have done it, but their documentation is...let's just say lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      screw it, I'm putting the 50 Buick's motor in this.... it will get a 320 but the twin turbo 430 is going in this.... haven't decided whether or not to use the built turbo 400 I have for it (with a gear vendors) or adapt the 4L80e... either way, the 430 may eventually end up in the Sedanet, but it just makes too much sense to put the 455 in my wagon. now the LS doesn't have a home but I have some thoughts about that as well... who knows, it may power the Rover that I'm going to build for my wife....
                      I don't find an applause emoji or I'd throw that in there too. A GS wagon!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        now the LS doesn't have a home......

and once again, all is right with the world....

Comment

Working...
                        X