No announcement yet.

Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now one of these covers off the Detroit and it gets rid of a lot of that boring concrete

Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-General_Motors_PD-4501_Scenicruiser.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1322938
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• 2 years.... and we start again today
      nose is back off and starting to do body work

like it's odd hood dent

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Tuned in just in a nick of time !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I do love that car. In the late-70s my oldest brother bought a 283/column-shift 3-speed '65 Chevelle 4-door wagon and fit it w/ a straight six/Muncie as a highway mpg hauler, it went from him to my other brother to a friend to a friend of his, thus being around for something like 15 years. It was finally going to be mine next but rust had taken over pretty badly. My good buddy is severely regretting selling his '65 2-door these days and I did tell him he was crazy at the time. The mid-sixties GM wagons are really about the prettiest out there, proportion, smooth lines and simplicity plus a practical car that is totally upgradable for handling. I once was after an Olds version but couldn't find a decent one, after seeing dozens on their way to leaving the earth via Pick-Your-Part.

Comment

• time to fill some holes and beat some panels
            an illustration of what I'm working with... wish I could find perfect panels.... but by the time I commute look, reject, commute, reject again, then find 'okay' panels I could have these fixed...

they couldn't have put this crease in a more inaccessible place

see that tab about the middle of the fender... guess where the dent is?

oh yeah, and can't forget the hood

weld

more holes

clamp an aluminum chill bar behind

after welding from the back with an aluminum backer

still a long ways to go

Comment

• So, this Sunday I drove to Seattle to buy this

so I had a full day, I went ahead and went to my neice's wedding (no pictures of that, though)
              first step was to weld up the trim holes

then do the same thing on the other fender... then finish up the heavy metal work. Still needs some tapping and such but it's in its final, basic shape

Comment

Working...
              X