No announcement yet.

Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you expect for $300 glad to see you are fixing it right. It would have left it. Because right now it would be in body shop jail for years if not decades.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

CTX has got me thinking... why I do I need an intercooler when there is Nitrous-oxide?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nitrous bottles get empty - quickly.

Dan

Comment

Nitrous bottles aren't usually necessary for daily commutes.

Comment

so I finally got the rear window down

and now the latches are stuck.... brilliant.
            I didn't waste my day (well, I suppose that depends on whether or not anyone thinks a 427 has value - picked up one of those)
            windows out

and it's not as bad as I thought... all of this is good enough that it's going to get POR 15, dynamat, and a carpet....

I was worried about these corners - and outside of the non-existent spare tire carrier (big deal), this is well-within saveable

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Nitrous bottles aren't usually necessary for daily commutes.
              It's been done. Check out Bruce's "Chemical Intercooler" experiment with running an extra injector. Some folk go as far as spraying pre-turbo but that increases the mass flow through the turbo without increasing the air flow. It does have nice side effects of lowering turbo temps and decreasing tip losses. Good for going with a too big turbo and keeping it in the flow map but not so great for spool.

Now all this said, I'd still go 86/87 intake and header system. Those hot air systems suck in more ways than just having no intercooler. I'd consider using a stock 86/87 intercooler for handling the daily driver needs of cooling down the charge and add a nitrous system to the inlet (great for spool by the way) or directly on the intercooler face to really give it a chill at the track.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

My first turbo was a draw-through-carb system on a 3.8 from a Regal in a Skyhawk.... I know suck intimately. I read the CI link - and that's interesting, but they're using a flood-the-floor method and evaporative cooling. It's really an interesting idea but I can only imagine the damage that could happen if there was a backfire through the intake.... I plan on a dry NOx injector in the back of the plenum. I am going to divorce the turbo from the throttle body, thus solve several issues.... who knows, I may do it the way you suggested earlier - but fully bench-racing this before is still a good idea.... If I can overcome the issues, I think it would work really well for me (meaning, I've never run NOx and I want to try it) best of all there wouldn't be an intercooler hanging under the front bumper suggesting that all is not what it seems...

Comment

I know this is a ridiculous update, but as it takes removing a lock cylinder, taking it to a key shop, then taking it to a competent key shop....
                  I got keys today.....

Thank you Bonafide locksmith in Kirkland, you rock.

Comment

Satisfying when you find a good craftsman, isn't it? Cool that craft isn't totally dead yet.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      You know.... this hasn't been on the front page. Do you think McSquatch is jealous too?
                      Been swearing at my Mopar again in between work and house repairs and modifications. Glad to see your window channels are in better shape than what I last brought you.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

Been swearing at my Mopar again in between work and house repairs and modifications. Glad to see your window channels are in better shape than what I last brought you.

next time I need one of those BangShift signs to be hanging in the background that is an amazing improvement to your shop... what's the R value of it?

Comment

Locksmith? That's kinda cheatin'.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Locksmith? That's kinda cheatin'.
                            I'm a checkbook builder... what can I say?

Comment

Yeah right, lol. I find having a complete set of functional keys makes a car feel more like a car, and less like an incomplete assemblage of extra parts.
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

the latest discussion (IRL) is where to put the NOx switch and button to maintain the clean, grandpa interior....

Comment

Working...
                                X