Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
    That big volcano looking over your shoulder startin' to get to you?Click image for larger version

Name:	ranier.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1245566
    Nope, DB refuses to blow the bridges and keep the Kalifornians in Oregon
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      . I may have found a transmission with a bonus engine.... Dan might hate me for a bit, but I'll say before I spill the beans that the motor is temporary.... I'm dealing on a 200r4 with all the upgrades that comes with a nitros sniffing 350 .... since this car had a 350 in it before, I could make this drive in a weekend.... then it gets turbo love after I build it.... but mobile right now is important because a move may be coming soon.....
      Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

We are likely to cause Dan to develop a quirk or two as well. The replacement Regal is likewise setup for a SBG, and the quickest cheapest path to transportation is to throw a set of body mounts and a 350/TH400 in. I feel your pain.
      Last edited by STINEY; June 11, 2019, 05:22 PM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Where's the "nervous and jerky" emogee?

Dan

Comment

• where's the Craigslist flake emogee?

Comment

where's the Craigslist flake emogee?

Click image for larger version

Name:	noflakes.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1245593

Comment

• Surrendering to Kalifornians? I haven't.

Comment

Nope, DB refuses to blow the bridges and keep the Kalifornians in Oregon
                Wish there was a bridge in S.Oregon I can blow to keep from Californicating Oregon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Surrendering to Kalifornians? I haven't.
                  You may live there, do not seem to be crazy like the ones I've met around here... Those are the ones Aaron is talking about!
                  Lots of them come up here with the $$ from a house sold and buy bigger, nicer places around here and dictate what the rest of us can do..

Comment

• I tend to respond to the people who moved here and say things like "where I lived we did x and it was far better then your way" with "I love people who think they can change us, they have awesome moving sales when they go"

I learned something... I'll share. This is not a complaint - simply knowledge so that you can make informed decisions on suppliers.

I ordered parts from an ebay vendor who claimed the part was in stock and ready to ship.
                    It wasn't, matter of fact, after 2 weeks of waiting, I sent an email to them saying "whatzup"
                    They responded with "oh, that's out of stock, did we not mention this to you? our bad" they then opined that it might be in stock in 1-2 weeks (now their ad says 3 weeks from today).
                    I responded that they had a more expensive part (an additional feature) and I needed the part now - so I'd pay the difference I just need it now.*
                    No response.
                    Finally the last day for them to deliver passes. I ask for a refund.
                    Crickets.
                    Send a note to Ebay....

okay so here is the warning point....

Ebay makes you wait another week before they will intervene... if they do, it's another week to get a refund through them.

If you can wait or if the deal is awesome - fantastic, however, that fine print may cause you to need to look at other options.

Again, not complaining - I'm certain that neither the vendor or ebay wish to have an annoyed customer.

*sidenote to vendors - if you're sending a 'whoops' or 'don't have' email, offer a refund because it's not going to get better from here.

Comment

• I'm with you on this one! Especially the last sentence. I ordered a starter (which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow) for the Cummins from an Amazon Prime vendor . We'll see if that works.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; June 12, 2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• *and just for the record* I've ordered everything to finish the suspension on this from Speedway. It arrives next Tuesday.... I'm so far beyond excited to get this into the queue

and it is going into the shop and things are moving out for a bit.... this should be fun Corvette needs to stay inside, I don't want to put the top back on the '40 (and it doesn't fit in the garage)..... maybe I can finally get to a major move-stuff-about....

Comment

• Which upper front control arms are you using? Regal needs a new one on the left. Wonder if they are the same from ‘64 to ‘78?
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Which upper front control arms are you using? Regal needs a new one on the left. Wonder if they are the same from ‘64 to ‘78?
                            ebay specials, but no they're not. 64-72, 73-77, 78-

Comment

• brown Santa was good to me today

adjustable upper control arms

tubular lower control arms

fuzzy rear sway bar

big un for the front

new rear springs

new front springs and new shocks

before anyone gets excited... spring for now, air for later

Comment

• We're all in suspense!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X