Buinicorn the 1964 Skylark wagon sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

that stuff does work great, however it's hell on electrical connections and rubber hoses....
    There IS that. I removed all that from the Diesel but there isn't a lot of it to remove.

Dan

Comment

• me guaranteeing that I find a locker next week (now that it's all sealed up)

brakes don't leak now.... just a few more button up items on that front
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• more bites of the elephant
        the terrible picture is of a motor cycle strap playing the part of the e-brake rod (which is MIA)

and oil goes in the rear...

I still have a slight leak on the passenger-side, front brake line at the flex line.... ah well

Comment

more bites of the elephant
          the terrible picture is of a motor cycle strap playing the part of the e-brake rod (which is MIA)

and oil goes in the rear...

I still have a slight leak on the passenger-side, front brake line at the flex line.... ah well
          Keep it topped off..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Keep it topped off..
            You interested in going to a blacksmith shop auction in Terrabonne Oregon for me? they have a shear and press brake that they listed terribly so should be an excellent deal...

Comment

You interested in going to a blacksmith shop auction in Terrabonne Oregon for me? they have a shear and press brake that they listed terribly so should be an excellent deal...
              Deaf...auction. Do not work . If I was close enough to read lips, the mike is in the way.. Maybe now it might be easier?
              It'd be a nice drive...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Deaf...auction. Do not work . If I was close enough to read lips, the mike is in the way.. Maybe now it might be easier?
                It'd be a nice drive...
                I can't imagine the line for that type of equipment would be more then 1 person deep.... I'm going to give a shot at online-discussion with the auction company....

Comment

• For today's temptation.... I dismissed the LS because I couldn't think of a Buick they put it in..... Buick Rainier... yeah, I get it, homologized product .... but still, it is the one, ready-to-go motor I have for it.

Comment

• Paint comes off in 19 days..... I have a lot of work to do to get ready..... yowzers

Comment

• starting the process, the goal is I need to tape nothing to spray it.... I know it's 3 weeks but some things are going to be a fight so might as well just get it done. I also want to finish the metal work (floors, corners) before it gets blasted

First is the rear gate - most of this is for later reference

guide bolts

glass bolts

gate lift assembly

assembly bolts

side pieces off

bumpers off

Comment

• I love PNW cars

stripped the front off - mostly to replace the door, but hinges are on order as well - so it's easier

got the other door on

then started fitting the other edge

Comment

• Random post.... or "what I did instead of breathing rust this weekend"
                          took these out, got them dirty but also got a light for it
                          2009 CRF450r is unique - it's the first year of EFI (which I love), and Honda only made one stator. There is a enduro bike and a race bike.... I have the race bike... but it has the big stator so I can add lights

my bike, cleaner

my friend's bike

both bikes cleaner

why, you may ask, did I clean his bike... well, the story goes like this - I was told a trail was easy.... it was not but he was a trooper - and only whine a lot yesterday about how much he hurt.....

that said, 92 mph is the top speed of my bike as measure by GPS.... which is cool as I was told slower, but I was also told it got better fuel economy... 1.4 gallons for 25 miles... still, what a blast

Comment

• back to Buick rust
                            oh what a pain it was to get these off.... GM hardened the screws.. which is great unless they rust in place then strip out. Thankfully heat them red then drill them out still works

sometimes I wonder if a good rattle would make it crumble to dust

floor patching - yes I bought a huge patch for two, small fixes - however, it cost the same and heaven knows I need the metal for more patching

interestingly as far as floor is concerned - the rear is garbage and requires complete replacement and these little spots - however, the rest is pretty solid .... yes, I'll be welding for a month but it isn't terrible
                            this will be the biggest pain because it is part of an area I need to fix

took the dash apart so the blasters can knock the paint off the dash

door handles are off

I'm going to make a die to replicate the braces then simply replace the entire floor

Comment

• onward.... all the electronics are out

I still don't know if I'm pulling windows from the door.... the windows work very well and if I mess with them - the odds are really high I'll break unreplaceable parts..... but we will see
                              oh and it appears I need to make custom pieces for the missing bit here.... nope, no one makes a replacement and they are not the same as Chevelle

I still need to do floors but I'm going to work on building a die for my press brake so I can make new floors - it gets blasted the 25th, so between the press and the Corvette.... it gets to sit outside for a little bit
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 14, 2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• I'm loving this, I can't wait to see it in paint! than you for not planning on putting an LS or SBC in it! Buicks need Buick engines!
                                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                                1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                                2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X